2023 NECO mathematics Questions: The National Examinations Council (NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
Are you a candidate who is in search of 2023 NECO mathematics Questions? If so you are at the right place because Nkedugists Team is here to guide you on How the 2023 Neco mathematics past questions are been set.
Nkedugists understand how students feel whenever it comes to closing time for an external exam such as Waec, Neco, Jamb, and Post Utme, that is why we make sure any question we are releasing/publishing is always the best option questions you are to see in your exam day because we always follow scholars and examiners. below are what we taught about before publishing it which are;
- NECO GCE Mathematics Questions
- NECO Questions for Mathematics
- 2020/2021 NECO Mathematics
- NECO Mathematics past questions download
- NECO Mathematics Repeated Questions
- GCE Mathematics materials 2020
- NECO Mathematics Sure question
- Mathematiscs material for GCE
The Neco maths exam takes 2 hours and 45 minutes for all the papers (objectives) and paper II (essay). In this post, we will be posting the 2023 Neco mathematics questions for all candidates that will participate in the 2023 Neco examination.
Section I [Objective]
Answer all questions in Part I.
Write your answers in the answer booklet provided.
The following NECO Maths questions are questions to expect in the 2023 NECO examination. Note that sometimes the objective might come first before theory vise-versa
1. Express the product of 0.09 and 0.06 in standard form
2. Evaluate 4610 base eight – 2675 base eight
A. 1713 base eight
B. 1731 base eight
C. 1735 base eight
D. 1935 base eight
E. 2025 base eight
3. The shorter hand of a clock points to 9. What number did it point to 30 hours ago
4. Evaluate log(6x^2 + X – 1) = 0
A. x = 1/2 or x = -2/3
B. x = 0 or x= 1
C. x = 2/3 or x = 1/3
D. x = 1 or x= -1
E. x = -1/2 or x = 1/3
5. Given that log2 = 0.3010 and log3 = 0.4771, find the value of log(1.5)^2
6. The present ages of a mother and her daughter are in ratio 11:3 and the daughter’s age is 9. what will be the ratio of her daughter in years time?
7. The first term an of an Arithmetic Progression is equal to twice the common difference d. Find in terms of d, the 5th term of the A.P.
D. a + 5d
E. 2a + 4d
8. The common ratio of a Geometric Progression is 2. If the 5th term is greater than the 1st term by 45, find
9. In a class of 80 students, every student has to offer Economics or Geography or both. If 65 students offered Economics and 50 offered Geography, how many students offered both subjects?
10. Solve the equation 7x^2 = 3x
A. x = 3 or 7
B. x = or 7
C. x = 0 or 3/7
D. x = 0 or 9
E. x = 7/3 or 3/7
If you are looking for a good tutorial on mathematics subject or a preview of more solving questions check out our tutorial class because their Nkedugists hire lecturers who lecture students on some topics they find difficult. Join our tutorial class.
Section II [Essay]
Answer any FIVE questions in Part II.
Write your answers on the answer booklet provided.
1. (a) Two children shared an amount of money in the ratio 3/4: 2/5. If the smaller share was GH¢25.00, how much was shared between them?
(b) A box contains 5 red, 3 green and 4 blue balls of the same size. If a boy picks two balls from the box one after the other without replacement, what is the probability that both balls are red?
2. a) In a right angled triangle, sin x = 3/5. Evaluate 5(cos x)³ – 3.
(b) The angle of elevation of the top of a vertical pole from a point 63m east of the base of the pole is 30°. From another point due west of the pole, the angle of elevation of the top is 60°
(i) Draw a sketch diagram to illustrate the information.
(ii) Calculate, correct to three significant figures, the distance of the second point from the base of the pole.
3. (a) In a class of 50 students, 30 offered History, 15 offered History and Geography while 3 did not offer any of the two subjects.
(i) Represent the information on a Venn diagram.
(ii) Find the number of candidates that offered:
(A) History only;
(B) Geography only.
(b) A trader sold an article at a discount of 8% for N 828.00. If the article was initially marked to gain 25%, find the
(i) cost price of the article;
(ii) discount allowed.
9. The table below gives the distribution of marks for 360 candidates who sat for an examination.
|10 – 19||20 – 29||30 -39||40 – 49||50 – 59|
60 – 69
|70 -79||80 -89|
(a) Draw a cumulative frequency curve for the distribution.
(b) Use your graph to estimate the semi-interquartile range.
(c) If the minimum mark for distinction is 75%, how many candidates passed with distinction?
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about 2023 NECO Questions Answers kindly join Nkedugists forum or subscribe with us by clicking on the bell.
Important Notice For 2023 Neco Candidate:
- Bringing GSM into the Examination Hall is PROHIBITED. THE ALBINOS AND BLIND CANDIDATES ARE TO BE GIVEN 15 MINUTES EXTRA TIME ACROSS ALL SUBJECTS.
- BLIND CANDIDATES MUST MAKE USE OF NECO-SUPPLIED OBR CUSTOMIZED BRAILLE SHEET FOR THE EXAMINATION.
What’s your take on this? drop your comment box below Nkedugists urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ share button below.