2023 WAEC Chemistry Practical Specimen is now available for all WAEC candidates
If you are a candidate searching for the WAEC Chemistry Practical Specimen, you have come to the right place. We aim to provide our audience with accurate information to help them study effectively and pass the exam.
It is important for WAEC candidates searching for the current 2023 WAEC Chemistry Practical Specimen to be aware that it has been officially released. You can now check for your 2023 WAEC Chemistry Practical Specimen on this website.
On this webpage, we have provided WAEC Chemistry practical specimens of questions and answers to assist you. We aim to provide you with a reliable and effective method of answering WAEC practical questions, particularly in your WAEC Chemistry Practical examination.”
Is the 2023 Waec chemistry practical specimen released? Yes, the 2023 Waec Chemistry Practical Specimen For all Waec Candidates has been officially Released. Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Liberia 2023 Waec chemistry Practical specimen has been officially released today.
1. Great care should be taken to ensure that the information given in items 2 and 3 below does not reach the candidate either directly or indirectly before the examination.
2. In addition to the fittings and reagents normally found in a chemistry laboratory, the following apparatus and materials will be required by each candidate:
(a) One burette of 50 cm3 capacity;
(b) One pipette, either 20 cm3 or 25 cm3. (All candidates at one centre must use pipettes of the same volume. These should be clean and free from grease)
(c) The usual apparatus for titration;
(d) The usual apparatus and reagents for qualitative work including the following with all reagents appropriately labelled;
(i) Dilute sodium hydroxide solution;
(ii) Dilute hydrochloric acid;
(iii) Dilute trioxonitrate
(iv) Silver trioxonitrate
(v) Acidified potassium dichromate solution;
(vi) Aqueous ammonia;
(vii) Lime water;
(viii) Red and blue litmus paper
(ix) Dilute tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid;
(x) Fehlings solution A & B.
(f) Filtration apparatus;
(g) One beaker
(h) One boiling tube;
(i) Four test tubes;
(j) Methyl orange as indicator;
(k) Glass rod;
(l) Wash bottle containing distilled/deionized water;
(m) Burning splint;
(n) Watch glass;
(o) Bunsen burner/source of heat;
(q) Mathematical table/calculator.
3. Each candidate should be supplied with the following, where ‘n’ is the candidate’s serial number
(a) 150 cm3 of a solution of HCl in a corked flask or bottle labelled ‘An’. These should all be the same containing 8.5 cm3 of concentrated HCl per dm3 of solution.
(b) 150 cm3 of Na2CO3.10 H2O in a corked flask or bottle labelled ‘Bn’. These should all be the same containing 5.0 g of the hydrated salt per dm3 of solution.
(c) One spatulaful of glucose in a specimen bottle labelled ‘Cn’. This must be the same for all candidates.
(d) One spatulaful of zinc oxide powder in a specimen bottle labelled ‘Dn’. This must be same for all candidate.
- In all cases, more materials may be issued if required
- The actual concentrations of A and B must be stated on the Supervisors report form. The candidates will assume that the concentrations are exactly as stated in the question paper
- It should be noted that schools are not allowed to amend the information provided on the question paper or substitute any substance/solution for those specified in these instructions
Related Content For You:
- MAY/JUNE 2023 WAEC Biology Specimen For all Candidates
- Most Common Repeated Waec Biology Practical Specimen Questions
ARRANGEMENT AND 2023 SERIAL NUMBERS OF WAEC CANDIDATES
7. The laboratory places should be numbered serially and the candidates should be allotted these places strictly in the order of their index numbers. The number of every specimen supplied to each candidate should be the same as his or her serial number.
8. If a candidate is absent, his or her serial number should not be allotted to another candidate
9. If the candidate is divided into a number of sets, the serial numbers should be continued through the sets, so that no serial number is repeated
10. At the beginning of the examination, it should be ensured that the candidates record their serial number as well as their index numbers on the front page of their answer booklets.
Conducting the WAEC Chemistry Practical Test
- The following announcements should be made to the candidates at the beginning of the examination
“The examiner does not want you to waste your time because you cannot proceed with an experiment. Any candidate, therefore, who cannot get on with the experiment after spending 15 minutes on it, may come to me and ask for help”
- The Chemistry teacher should be allowed to give a hint to a candidate who is unable to proceed with an experiment.
- The following regulations must be strictly adhered to:
- No hint should be announced to the candidates as a whole
- A candidate who is unable to proceed and requires assistance must come up to you and state his or her difficulty. The candidate should be told that the Examiner will be informed of any assistance given in any way.
- A note must be made on the Report Form, of any kind of assistance given to any candidate, with the name and index number of the candidate.
- Report Forms are provided separately, on which you are required to state the following:
- Detailed information about the apparatus where necessary
- Any particular difficulties experienced by any candidate, especially if the Examiner would be unable to discover these from the scripts
- Any departure from the specified items which could not be avoided
- Any assistance is given to the candidate under the regulations explained in 5 above
- In cases where several sets of apparatus are provided for a question and specific information about the apparatus is required by the Examiner, each piece of apparatus about which the information is required, and which may differ slightly for different candidates, must be clearly marked with letter A, B, C, etc. and the corresponding information must be clearly reported, showing which apparatus was supplied to which candidates. The candidate should be instructed to record these letters in their scripts
- A completed Report Form must be enclosed in each envelope of scripts.
Nkedugists is here to help you with any of the information you are not clear with or may need an assistant during your Waec stuff.
Just be free to write to us in the comment box below or join our forum where answers will be posted for free in other not to make the wrong mistake but achieve success in the end. Thanks for reading.
If actually, this information is awesome and useful to you please kindly share using via Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and Google+