Approved ABU cut off mark released now. The University of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) has officially released the Cut-Off Mark for the 2023/2024 academic year as announced by the institution’s management. If ABU is your first choice, it’s essential to pay close attention to the information provided on this page.
Each year, the University of Ahmadu Bello University welcomes applications from prospective candidates, and one of the key criteria for admission is the ABU 2023/2024 JAMB cut-off mark.
Previously, the Registrar of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) declared a minimum cut-off mark of 140 for the 2023/2024 admission session in tertiary institutions across the country. We will discuss the departmental cut-off mark in the following section.
Approved ABU Cut Off Mark For 2023/2024
The minimum cut-off mark for eligibility is set at 180, which means candidates need to score at least 180 in JAMB to qualify for registration in the Post UTME/DE Screening exercise.
It’s important to note that meeting approved ABU cut-off mark does not guarantee automatic admission to the institution; instead, it signifies your eligibility to register for the Post UTME/DE screening exercise.
Official Departmental Cut-Off Mark For 2023
Candidates who have chosen highly competitive courses such as Engineering, Law, Medicine & Surgery, Pharmacy, and Nursing, among others, are strongly advised to aim for higher scores, preferably at least 200.
You might be wondering why we recommend this, even though the official ABU cut-off mark is 180. This is because, in these highly sought-after departments, there is intense competition for admission. Therefore, a higher standard is applied when selecting candidates for admission into these programs.
The Departmental ABU Cut Off Mark Is Outlined Below
These are the ABU departmental cut-off marks for various programs at the university
|Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only)
|220 – 240
|220 – 240
|All Engineering courses (except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering)
|All other courses
To increase your chances of gaining admission into Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, focus on scoring high in JAMB and the post UTME, especially if you’re from a catchment area or have outstanding O level results. Check out what you to do to gain admission quickly in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
To enhance your chances of gaining admission quickly at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, consider the following steps:
- Score High in JAMB: Aim for a high JAMB score, ideally above the minimum cutoff set by the university.
- Excel in Post UTME: Perform well in the post UTME screening to complement your JAMB score. Doing well in both JAMB and the post UTME screening test is crucial. Even if you aced JAMB, a poor post UTME score can hurt your chances.
- Focus on O Level Results: Excellent grades in your O level exams can also boost your chances. Strive for excellent grades in your O level exams, as this can be a significant factor in admission.
- Catchment Policy: If you’re from Kaduna state or the North Central zone, there’s a policy that could work in your favor. Familiarize yourself with the catchment policy and how it may benefit you.
- Research Programs: Understand the specific requirements and cutoff marks for your desired program.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with admission updates and requirements on the university’s official website or through reliable sources.
- Seek Guidance: Seek guidance from mentors, teachers, or academic advisors to make informed choices.
- Prepare Early: Begin your preparations well in advance, including studying for JAMB, practicing for post UTME, and gathering necessary documents.
- Consider Pre-degree Programs: Some universities offer pre-degree programs that can enhance your chances of admission.
- Stay Persistent: Admissions can be competitive, so don’t be discouraged by initial setbacks. Continue to improve and explore alternative options if needed.