Atom and Molecules: An atom is the smallest particles of an element that can take part in any chemical reaction, the ancient Greeks were the first to use the word atom.
Many students make mistakes when they are given some questions to solve which they can’t solve and that is what we want to correct. Actually, they say the truth is bitter but it is better for you to know about the truth and accept it the way it is than to ignore the truth.
nkedugist, are trying to help students build their self-confidence for those ones who are willing to be better than their teachers. nkedugists might not be the major hit website that you know but what we can assure you is that all we provide is always a solution to help many people.
Molecules atoms cannot exist alone. They generally bond with other atoms to form molecules that we can then say Molecule is formed when two or more atoms are chemically combined together.
Atom and Molecules: There are natural phenomena that support the statement that matter is made up of particles. Which are
Objective question to check out for
1. An element with atomic number twelve is likely to be
electrovalent with a valency of 1
electrovalent with a valency of 2 answer
covalent with the valency of 2
covalent with the valency of 1
2. There are basic particles from which matter could be made exist
3. 3NH3 is3 moles of ammonium
3 moles of ammonia Answer
6 moles of ammonia
6 moles of ammonium
4. The atomic number of two Element X and Y are 12 and 9 respectively. The bond in the compound formed between the atoms of these two Element is
Ionic bond Answer
5. An isotope has an atomic number of 17 and a mass number of 36. Which of the following gives the correct number of neutrons and protons in an atom of the isotopes?
19 17 Answer
6. A metallic ion X2+ with an inert gas structure contains 18 electrons. How many protons are there in this ion?
7. The formula of the compound forms in a reaction between a trivalent metal M and a tetravalent non- metal X is
Trivalent metal is M3 while tetravalent non metal is X4 been that
Metal will combine first before non metal, so it will be M4 X3
As a student, if you think this information is useful, Nkedugists advice to bookmark this website for more classroom review questions answer. Please if you have a question you want us to help you out with we advise you to drop it in our comment box and we promise to help you out within 24hours.