Australia Government Scholarships, In Australia there are many scholarships that are open for international students, and some of the scholarships are sponsored by the Australian Institution and the Australian Government. The scholarship is available for International students who wish to apply or study in Australia.
On this page, we are going to mention the best Australian scholarship for studying in Australia which any International student can apply for and get admitted. We have two major types of scholarship which are 100 percent legit if you are admitted which are the Australian Government scholarship and the Australian Universities scholarship.
Australian Government Scholarships Available For International Students
Australian Government scholarships are scholarship that is awarded by the government in Australia, We are going to be listing the best Australia Government scholarships for all international students which are
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Destination Australia Scholarships
- Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships For International Students
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), are long-term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Australia Awards Scholarships value/inclusions/duration:
The scholarship benefits generally include full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. See the complete list of benefits on the official website.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
Eligibility For Australia Awards Scholarship
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship;
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
- not be current serving military personnel;
- not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- not hold convictions of criminal activities (including in their home country) including those relating to Child Protection and PSEAH;
- recipients under the Pacific Secondary School Scholarship Program (PSSSP) who have completed their secondary school education in Australia in the year prior are eligible to apply for a long-term Australia Award;
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions);
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lower than already achieved (e.g. be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a PhD); and
- applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at post) or with managing contractors so that the
application may be properly and transparently managed.
Check the open and close dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. Applications can be done online or by mail (if unable to apply online).
The Australia Awards Scholarship deadline is 29 April 2022 except for Tonga which is still to be announced.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the country specific pages, and the official website (link found below) for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship. The official Australia Awards Scholarships Website is provided here
Destination Australia Scholarships For International Students
The Australian Government offers the Destination Australia scholarship program which aims to support both Australian and international students to study in regional Australia.
Over 1000 scholarships of $15,000 will be offered per year to support the study and living expenses associated with studying a Certificate IV to Doctorate level qualification at a regional campus of an eligible University in Australia.
Eligibility For Destination Australia scholarship For International Students
You’re eligible if you:
- are an international student
- hold a student visa for the scholarship’s duration
- are a new UQ student
- are UQ alumni commencing a different program (for example, Master’s after completing a Bachelor’s degree)
- have a full offer to study an eligible program delivered entirely at the UQ Gatton campus in 2022 (you don’t need to accept your full offer by the scholarship application deadline).
Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships For International Students
The Australia Research Training Program enables international students to undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers. The scholarships are available for a period of two years for a Masters by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research degree. The scholarship covers tuition fees and health cover costs.
Australia Research Training Program Scholarship value/inclusions/duration:
Under RTP, a University provides one or more of the following types of support to an RTP Scholarship recipient:
- • An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This requires that a university to fully offset tuition fee applicable for a student. This is not a stipend.
- • An RTP Stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking a higher degree by research.
- • RTP Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). This includes relocation costs to undertake a HDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
RTP scholarships are available for a maximum period of two years for a research masters OR a minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years (at the discretion of the HEP) for a research doctorate degree.
Eligibility For Australia Research Training Program Scholarship:
To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance, a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP.
Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process, please contact your chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.
The Australia Research Training Program Scholarship for International Student application deadline date is around April-October each year. The deadline varies per university but is around April-October each year.
For official Australia Research Training Program Scholarship Website kindly click here
Leave a Comment