Family Empowerment Scholarship, If you are in search of a scholarship scheme for your child to achieve his/her professional dream, kindly consider the Family empowerment scholarship. You might be lucky to have this award scholarship from Florida if you will be interested kindly read or go through the process on this page.
This branch of scholarship eligibility is based on family income and provides the option for K-12 students to attend a participating private school.
Families apply through one of the approved scholarship funding organizations (SFO), which is responsible for determining and distributing funding to private schools.
Empowerment Scholarships for Students with Unique Abilities
This branch of the Family Empowerment Scholarship Program is designed to offer families of students with disabilities, as young as 3 years of age, access to additional education options.
Families may choose to enroll their student in another public school, or they may take the opportunity to receive a personalized education savings account (ESA) for their student. With an ESA, parents receive a deposit of public funds into government-authorized savings accounts with restricted, but multiple uses.
An ESA can be used to fund not only items such as private school tuition and fees but also online learning programs, private tutoring, community college costs, higher education expenses and other approved customized learning services and materials.
Families apply and annually renew for participation in FES UA through one of the approved SFOs, which are responsible for determining eligibility, awarding and distributing funding to eligible student accounts, and approving eligible expenditures.
Family Empowerment Scholarships Income Guidelines
Family Empowerment Scholarships are funded at 100 percent of Florida’s unweighted full-time equivalent amount in 2022 -2023 ($7,403 in 2020–21), less the Exceptional Services Education expenses, or a private school’s tuition and fees, whichever amount is less.
Payments are transferred quarterly from the state’s general revenue fund for parents to use at participating private schools.
How Do I Apply for Family Empowerment Scholarships?
If you are interested in applying for either branch of the Family Empowerment Scholarship Program, please contact one of the two scholarship funding organizations that administer these programs:
A.A.A. Scholarship Foundation- FL, LLC
P.O. Box 15719, Tampa, FL 33684
Step Up For Students
P.O. Box 54367
Jacksonville, FL 32245-4367
Empowerment Scholarship Login
These scholarships provide financial assistance for private school tuition and related costs or for public school transportation.
An example of who may qualify is a family of four with an income of up to $111,000 annually. You can apply for the family empowerment scholarship by login here, Send your child to the school that fits their needs.
Family Empowerment Set Up Scholarship Handbook
If you are searching for the family empowerment scholarship handbook you can easily download it here for free. A handbook is a guideline tool kindly check the Overview content of the handbook before downloading FTC-Parent-Handbook
- Scholarship Eligibility and Application
- Eligibility Requirements
- Student Eligibility Criteria
- Household Income Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarship Continuity
- Student Categories
- Apply for a Florida Tax Credit Scholarship
- How to find an eligible private school?
- Scholarship Awards and What is Covered
- What is covered?
- Private School Tuition and Fees
- Transportation Option
- Scholarship Payments
- Payment Eligibility
- Payment Approval
- Prorated Awards
- Student Behavior and Scholarship Requirements
- Parent Responsibilities
- Private School Responsibilities
- Actions That may Lead to a Loss of the Scholarship
Family Empowerment Scholarships School Requirements:
- Be approved by the state
- Allow administration of testing with the district for students requesting state assessment
- Provide fee schedules to the department of education at least 30 days before the first quarterly payment
- Submit to the state annual sworn compliance reports regarding all local and state health and safety codes
- Comply with federal nondiscrimination requirements of 42 U.S.C. § 2000d
- Teachers and other school personnel who work with scholarship recipients must undergo federal background checks
- Teachers must have a bachelor’s degree, three years of teaching experience, or special expertise
- Schools in operation for fewer than three years must obtain a surety bond or letter of credit to cover the value of the scholarship payments for one quarter
- Notify the Florida Department of Education when a scholarship student withdraws from the school
- Report student’s progress to parents annually
Empowerment Scholarships Amounts
FES EO also offers families of eligible students the option to receive a $750 scholarship to provide transportation to a public school different from the school to which the student was assigned.
Official Website For the Family Empowerment Scholarships Registration
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship awards in California you can visit the official website here for a proper guide, or you can directly get the form here.
Leave a Comment