The FUTA Direct Entry Screening Form offers a pathway for potential students seeking admission to Osun State University without the need to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This application is tailored for individuals holding qualifications such as OND, HND, NCE, A-Level (JUPEP), or a recognized diploma from an accredited institution.
If you’re aspiring to secure admission to the second year (Level 200) at the Federal University of Technology, Akure we’re delighted to inform you that the FUTA Direct Entry Form for the 2024/2025 academic year is now open.
This comprehensive guide covers the application process, requirements, key dates, and answers to frequently asked questions.”
FUTA Direct Entry Form
Direct Entry is an admission process that allows students to secure admission directly into the second year (Level 200) of a university program, bypassing the initial year of foundational coursework.
Direct Entry is a way to directly start university in the second year, skipping the first year. It’s for students with diplomas, OND, HND, or A-levels.
In simple terms, it lets students with certain qualifications jump into their chosen degree program without the basics, recognizing their prior studies and making the path to a bachelor’s degree faster.
Related Content For You:
- FUTA SCHOOL FEES FOR OLD AND RETURNING STUDENTS
- Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) Approved Courses
- Check FUTA Admission List For 1st, 2nd and 3rd Batch For 2023/2024
To be eligible for FUTA Direct Entry admission, applicants must have one of the following qualifications: OND, HND, NCE, A-Level, or a recognized diploma certificate from an accredited institution.
Furthermore, candidates are required to have obtained five credit passes in O’ Level subjects, which must include English and Mathematics, achieved in not more than two sittings.
Candidates are also expected to meet all the O’ Level and Direct Entry requirements specified for their chosen course, as advertised by JAMB.
To be eligible for admission to FUTA for the 2023/2024 academic session, candidates must meet the following criteria:
What is the Cut-off Mark For FUTA Direct Entry?
FUTA does not establish a specific cut-off mark for admissions. To enhance your competitiveness for Direct Entry admission, it is essential to maintain a strong academic performance indicated by a good Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in the academic credentials you are submitting as part of your application.
These credentials commonly include qualifications like OND, HND, NCE, or A-Level programs, such as JUPEB. Direct Entry candidates should focus on achieving strong academic performance in their prior qualifications to increase their chances of gaining admission to FUTA.
Did FUTA Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry?
Yes, The University also recognizes a minimum achievement of a Lower Credit for applicants in the Direct Entry category.
How Much is the FUTA Direct Entry Form?
The application fee is N2,000. First, you’ll need to obtain the JAMB Direct Entry Form. You can complete this process online through the JAMB portal or by visiting designated banks and accredited centers.
When is the FUTA Direct Entry Form Closing?
Candidates are required to send their Academic Transcripts to the Registrar of the Federal University of Technology, Akure by the last Saturday of October/November each year that the portal opens for newly interested candidates.
How To Apply for the FUTA Direct Entry Screening Form
The Federal University of Technology, Akure, has made the Post-UTME/Direct Entry Screening Form available for interested candidates. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the University website at www.futa.edu.ng or https://www.futa.edu.ng/putme/welcome/putmeappindex for detailed information.
- Log in using your UTME Number.
- Generate your RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference), make the required payment on the REMITA platform, and confirm the payment.
- Complete and submit the University Post-UTME Application form online.
- Make sure to print a copy of your completed application form.
Step 1: Purchase JAMB Direct Entry Form
- Begin by obtaining the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Direct Entry Form. You can do this online via the official JAMB Portal or at designated banks and accredited centers. Ensure you select FUTA as your choice of university.
Step 2: Register on the JAMB Portal
- After purchasing the form, register on the JAMB portal. You will need to provide personal information and upload your credentials.
Step 3: Complete FUTA Direct Entry Screening Form
- Visit the FUTA admissions portal after registering on the JAMB Portal. Fill out the Direct Entry Screening Form, providing details about your educational background, and upload relevant academic transcripts and documents.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
- After completing the form, you’ll be prompted to pay the application fee. This fee can usually be paid online using a debit card or through a bank transfer.
Step 5: Submit Your Application
- Double-check your application to ensure all information is accurate. Once you’re confident in the accuracy of your application, submit it. You should receive a confirmation message or email indicating that your application has been received.
Step 6: Await the Screening Date
- After submitting your application, wait for the announcement of the screening date. The university will communicate the date to applicants through its official website or other direct communication channels.
It is essential for all eligible candidates to complete the Registration Form for the screening exercise. Ensure that the UTME Registration Number and Full Names (as they appear on your JAMB Slip) are accurately provided during payment and registration.
After making the payment, each candidate should visit the University’s website (www.futa.edu.ng) to complete an online Registration Form. Remember to print the completed form for your reference.
For additional information or if you have any questions, candidates can visit the University website at www.futa.edu.ng. You can also contact the university using the following phone numbers: +2348062484770, and +2348126049786, These contact numbers will be useful for any clarifications or inquiries you may have.