A general excellence scholarship is a prestigious award given to students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance, leadership skills, and a strong commitment to community involvement.
These scholarships are highly competitive and may be awarded by universities, private organizations, or government agencies.
General excellence scholarships are intended to recognize and reward students who have excelled in various aspects of their lives, including academics, extracurricular activities, and community service.
Beyond acknowledging outstanding achievement, these scholarships often provide financial assistance to help students pursue their educational and career goals.
To be considered for a general excellence scholarship, applicants must typically meet certain eligibility criteria, such as maintaining a minimum GPA, completing a specific number of community service hours, or demonstrating strong leadership abilities.
In addition, applicants are often required to submit essays, letters of recommendation, and other supporting materials as part of the application process.
General excellence scholarships represent a meaningful way to support and acknowledge high-achieving students who are committed to making a positive impact on their communities and the world at large.
General Excellence Scholarship Haileybury
Haileybury is a prestigious independent school in Melbourne, Australia. The school offers a range of scholarships, including a General Excellence Scholarship, which is awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding academic ability, leadership potential, and a commitment to community service.
To be considered for the Haileybury General Excellence Scholarship, applicants must complete an application process, which typically includes academic testing, an interview, and the submission of a portfolio that showcases the student’s achievements and extracurricular activities. The scholarship covers a portion of the student’s tuition fees for their time at the school.
The Haileybury General Excellence Scholarship is highly competitive and is awarded to a limited number of students each year. Recipients of the scholarship are expected to maintain high academic standards and contribute positively to the school community through their leadership and service.
The Haileybury General Excellence Scholarship represents an excellent opportunity for high-achieving students who are looking to attend one of Australia’s top independent schools and develop their leadership and community service skills.
Eligibility For General Excellence Scholarship Haileybury
The eligibility criteria for the General Excellence Scholarship at Haileybury may vary from year to year, but typically, the following factors are considered:
To be eligible for an Academic Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a new or current Haileybury Rendall School student entering in Years 7, 10 or 11 in 2024.
- Attend and complete the academic test, which is held in May in the year prior to entry when a student is in Year 6, 9, or 10.
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or a temporary resident.
Academic scholarships are awarded based on the results of the academic tests and interviews with the Principal (or delegate). No other supporting documentation or testing/academic results are considered.
How To Apply For General Excellence Scholarship Haileybury
1. Register for the academic test
- Applications are now open and will close on Monday, 1 May 2023, register using the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
2. Sit the test
- Students sit the test at the Dumabudla Centre at Haileybury Rendall School on Saturday, 6 May 2023 at 8.30 am
- The academic test covers disciplines including numerical, reading comprehension, and mathematics.
- Please visit the EduTest website to find out more
- Haileybury Rendall School does not disclose the results of testing and the results of testing remain the property of the school.
- Practice exams can be purchased when registering for testing.
- More information will be sent to registered students prior to the testing date.
- Alternate testing dates and/or locations are not available if you are unable to attend on the advertised testing date.
- Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete and return an Enrolment Questionnaire before an interview with the Principal (or delegate).
4. Scholarship offer and outcome
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in Term 2 of the year prior to entry.
- Successful applicants with be sent a letter of offer. To formally accept, applicants must sign the letter of offer and pay a one-off confirmation fee and Tuition Confirmation fee. These are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply for a scholarship in future years, where they meet the eligibility criteria.
General Excellence Scholarship Ivanhoe Grammar
Scholarships provide talented and deserving students with the opportunity to become Ivanhoe learners through our Academic Scholarship, High Achievers Scholarship, and General Excellence Award opportunities.
These opportunities are made possible through the generous support of our community, including staff and alumni. We offer scholarships to both current and external students wanting to attend our school.
As of the time this post was published, the General Excellence Award For Entry into Year 7 2024 or Year 10, 2024 Applications are now closed.
You can reconsider applying for FIRST NATIONS SCHOLARSHIP (IVANHOE GRAMMAR). Since the general excellence scholarship, Ivanhoe has closed.
FIRST NATIONS SCHOLARSHIP IVANHOE
Ivanhoe Grammar School respects, honors, and appreciates the diversity, culture, and lessons that can be learned from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people. As such, we are pleased to have partnered with the Aborigines Advancement League to initiate the unique First Nations Scholarship Program.
FIRST NATIONS SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS
- This Scholarship Program will cover the tuition fees of First Nations students allowing them to attend Ivanhoe Grammar School.
- As Ivanhoe Grammar School is not a boarding school, First Nations Scholarship recipients will reside at the Lady Gladys Nicholls Hostel, under the direct care of the Aboriginal Hostel parents who operate the facility.
- Approved co-curricular activities and camp fees will be covered.
- Education materials will be covered.
- School uniforms will be covered.
- At the Principal’s discretion, scholarships will be available to secondary years students wanting to attend Ivanhoe Grammar School.
- To be eligible for the Scholarship, potential students must reside at the Lady Gladys Nicholls Hostel and be eligible for Abstudy living away from home allowance.
- Ivanhoe Grammar School prides itself on being a school, which has for more than 100 years developed ‘young people of character’. Therefore, our scholarship recipients will be young people who are determined to:
a. Complete their Year 12 studies.
b. Be involved in a variety of school programs beyond the classroom.
c. Proudly representative and be an example of their culture.
d. Be a positive and warm member of the hostel life.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A FIRST NATIONS SCHOLARSHIP
To apply please complete the Online Application Form.
All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted applicants will be contacted. For further information, please contact us at [email protected]
General Excellence Scholarship PEGs
Pegs encourage current and prospective students to apply for our scholarships and awards.
The scholarships and awards have been established to acknowledge and foster the development of students with special talents and to encourage their contributions within the school and wider community. The scholarships are highly competitive and are open to current and prospective students.
Only students living permanently in Australia are eligible for scholarship examinations at Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School. Students currently holding ongoing scholarships in another school are not eligible. Examinations and auditions are administered at one of our campuses.
Eligibility For General Excellence Scholarship PEGS
- Both current students and students who wish to attend the school may apply for a General Excellence Award.
- Only students entering Years 7 to 11 are eligible. Students currently holding ongoing scholarships in another school will not be considered.
- Awards are also not available to overseas full-fee paying students.
Apply Now For General Excellence Scholarship PEGS
General Excellence Scholarship Camberwell Grammar
Camberwell Grammar School has a range of Scholarships available. As part of our open-entry enrolment policy, Camberwell Grammar School’s scholarship program includes:
- Academic − Years 7 and 9
- Music − Year 7 and above
- General Excellence − Years 7 to 10
- Indigenous – Years 7 to 10
Applications for the 2024 General Excellence and Indigenous scholarship programs are open.
Who can apply For Camberwell Grammar Scholarship?
- Candidates should have a school record that demonstrates a capacity to profit from the total program of the school in academic studies, sports, the arts, and service activities.
- These scholarships seek to provide financial assistance to enable boys to enter school at Years 7 to 10 in 2024. Since the scholarship is there to promote attendance at the school for students whose financial and social circumstances would normally not allow
this application can only be accepted on behalf of candidates not currently attending an Independent School.
- Current Camberwell Grammar School students are not eligible to
- Overseas students on a sub-class 500 student visa are not eligible
to apply. Students whose families hold a residency visa are eligible to
How to apply for Camberwell Grammar Scholarship?
- Applications are only accepted online via the school’s scholarship page link www.cgs.vic.edu.au or (Go to Enrolment then Scholarships) and this should be completed online. An acknowledgment will be sent by email. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
- A copy of your son’s two most recent school reports must be attached.
- The Headmaster will decide who is eligible for an interview based on the completed application. Interview times will be arranged directly with the selected candidates after the closing date.
What is the cost of the Camberwell Grammar Scholarship?
There is no cost to apply for the General Excellence Scholarship program.
How much is the Camberwell Grammar Scholarship worth?
The Headmaster determines the level of the scholarship based on the application and subsequent interview.
What are the application dates for the General Excellence scholarships at Camberwell Grammar?
- They offer two rounds of General Excellence scholarships to accommodate students participating in summer and winter sports.
- Round One applications will remain open until the close of business (5 pm) on Thursday, 6 April 2023.
Round Two applications will open on Monday, 1 May, and remain open until the close of business (5 pm) on Friday, 18 August 2023.
- Applications will not be accepted after the closing date for Round Two.
Caulfield Grammar General Excellence Scholarship
General Excellence Scholarships will be awarded beginning at either Caulfield Campus or Wheelers Hill Campus in Years 7 and Years 9 – 11.
Typically a 50 percent concession, General Excellence Scholarships offer part remission of tuition fees; offers will take into account parents’ financial means.
These scholarships are awarded to students who are able to demonstrate excellence and achievement in the following fields:
- Leadership and Service
- The Arts (Performing Arts and/or Visual Arts)
- Sport (students must be competing in teams at a State/National Level).
Applicants will need to provide information on levels of achievement in each field and must demonstrate excellence in at least three fields. Scholarships are awarded following an interview with senior staff. You can visit the official page to apply.
Carey General Excellence Scholarship
Carey Baptist Grammar School is delighted to provide a select number of General Excellence Scholarships to outstanding students at Year 7, Year 10, and Year 11 levels. Both current and prospective students are eligible to apply for these scholarships. These scholarships generally provide a 50% reduction in tuition fees.
However, it should be noted that they do not cover expenses such as application and entry fees, textbooks, uniforms, computers, or the consolidated fee (which includes costs associated with camps and excursions)
Selection Criteria For Carey General Excellence Scholarship
Carey Baptist Grammar School General Excellence Scholarships are awarded to students who:
- are performing at an exceptional level in an APS sport and competing at a representative, State, or National level.
- Will act as a role model at all times.
- Will use their talents to the best of their ability and will provide support and encouragement to other Carey students.
- Will uphold a full commitment to their specialized co-curricular activity at Carey – an exemption may be made for representative State and National competitions and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Engage in a range of school-based, community, and other co-curricular activities
- Demonstrate leadership potential and actively take on new challenges.
- Will uphold the School’s values, acting in a spirit of inclusiveness and openness toward everyone within the school community.
- Will contribute positively to the co-curricular House and voluntary school activities and demonstrate good citizenship at all times.
Deadline Dates for Carey Scholarship
Year 7, Year 10, and Year 11 General Excellence Scholarships for 2024 entry
- Registrations Open: 20 November 2022
- Registrations Close: 20 August 2023
How To Apply For Carey Scholarship
Geelong Grammar General Excellence Scholarship
Old Geelong Grammarians School awards these scholarships to new students whose parents or grandparents are alumni (Geelong Grammar, The Hermitage, or Clyde schools) and wish to attend Geelong Grammar School but who could not do so without financial assistance.
As part of the General Excellence program, these scholarships are offered for students entering from Year 5 to Year 11.
Eligibility For Geelong Grammar Scholarship
To be eligible for a General Excellence scholarship at Geelong Grammar School in 2024, applicants must be:
- A new student entering into Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 and who is not eligible for any other concession for boarding and tuition fees including associate discount; or
- A current student entering into Year 7 and cannot be receiving any other concession for boarding and tuition fees including associate discount.
Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or holders of an Australian Permanent Residence Visa.
Opening Date For Geelong Grammar Scholarship
Applications for the 2025 General Excellence Scholarship program will open in November 2023. How to apply for the scholarship, kindly visit the official page.
PLC General Excellence Scholarship
Scholarships will cover a tuition fee reduction of varying values, up to fifty percent. Should, for financial reasons, you wish to explore the option of additional scholarship support, there is the opportunity to complete a Financial Capability Assessment.
The assessment would be completed by an external agency (Edstart) at the cost of the School, and used in determining any increase of scholarship offer up to ninety percent. If this is an avenue you wish to pursue, please indicate this on the application form.
PLC’s General Excellence Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate:
- an active contribution to school life, through the Arts, Sport and Community Service;
- an active contribution to the broader community;
- support of the school values – integrity, learning, community and effort;
- a conscientious approach to our academic programme and satisfactory progress; and
- a commitment by the applicant and the applicant’s family to commit to PLC and the life of the School.
Eligibility For PLC’s Scholarships
PLC welcomes applications from girls who will be in Years 5 – 10 in 2024 at PLC or any other school. Candidates must be a citizen or permanent residents of Australia.
All rural candidates who wish to board at PLC will automatically be considered for a Rural Bursary (Rural bursaries are awarded at the discretion of the Principal).
Please note that due to the capacity of the Boarding House, applications for a boarding place at PLC will only be considered for external students entering Years 7 and 8 in 2024.
How To Apply For PLC Scholarship
- Complete the online Scholarship Application which registers your daughter for academic testing;
- Upload your daughter’s latest school reports and NAPLAN; and
- Upload copies of relevant references, certificates, or commendations to support the application.
- Visit the official page to Apply now
Trinity Grammar General Excellence Scholarship
Students who demonstrate outstanding academic ability may qualify for a General (Academic) Excellence Scholarship when entering Year 5, 7, or 9 in 2024. This scholarship is available to both current Trinity students and those outside of the school.
If the student tops the academic examination, he and his family will be invited to meet with the Principal as part of the award process.
Once awarded, the Scholarship for General (Academic) Excellence is subject to periodic performance reviews that evaluate the applicable criteria for all scholarships at Trinity, with a specific emphasis on the standards outlined in the school’s Academic Progress Policy.
Please note that these scholarships are open only to Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents. You can visit the official page here.
If you have previously received any of the General Excellence Scholarships for your child, we would appreciate it if you could share your experience and offer any advice for parents who are considering applying for the scholarship. We would also like to know if you have applied for the General Excellence Scholarship this year.