How to write a good formal letter in Wassce? If you are a Waec examiner candidate who chooses the English language as one of the Waec subjects, you should expect a very substantial portion of theory questions such as letter writing which can be formal or informal.
Do Waec ask Waec candidates to write letters in the Waec Exam hall during the English Language? Yes, you will be asked to write a letter which is sometimes 620 or 520 words. The reason is that students tend to regard letter-writing as a way out as opposed to the monumental task of crafting other brain-bursting essays inside the exam hall…
On this page, all the simple step by steps guideline technics on how to write a good formal letter in Waec or how to write an Informal letter in Waec is given below here.
We shall also give notes on how to prepare for any Waec standard type of letter given to you, travel letter for permission or a letter to an authority… It is obvious that the last bits will be more useful to students beyond their days for WAEC/NECO exams….isn’t it?
What To know About letter Writing
letter-writing is kind of looking easy to write but easy to fail, which is why you need the Technics of Writing Any Type Of Letter. Which are
1. Understand that in letter writing there is a list of content that must be seen and included in a certain way and without the list of content, a student can lose substantial marks…
2. You need to know that in letter writing, there is no room for discretion or sympathy in writing letters compared to other forms of essay writing…
3. Understand the final details of what is required for letters…
4. Don’t over-stress or repeat the same statement while writing a letter.
How to Write an Excellent Formal Letter In Waec?
What is a formal letter? A formal letter is official writing or a letter given to a higher rank officer or any letter that is not personal. Example of Formal letters includes all Organization, business, government e.t.c.
HOW TO WRITE AN EXCELLENT FORMAL LETTERS IN WASSCE
- Your Address and Date. ( The address and date should be written at the top right corner.)
- Designation of the addressee.
- Company’s or Organization’s address in full.
- Reason for writing stating any reference or advert seen with name of source and date of publication if possible.
- The tone of the letter should reflect the respect or deference to the addressee if a senior or a person you expect some favor from…even if it is a letter of complaint about something you are angry about your words need to be diplomatic and never uncouth!
- Short sentences are preferable.
- AVOID GRAMMATICAL, PUNCTUATION, AND SPELLING ERRORS (more notes on these coming up).
- Balance the length of sentences and link your paragraphs.
- Balance the number of sentences in each paragraph.
- Apart from your introduction and conclusion use only 3-5 paragraphs with each expressing different ideas.
- For conclusion restate the reason for writing.
- State yours “faithfully” with the small letter “f”.
- Don’t forget to sign and write the name of the writer or your name.
SUMMARY OF FORMAL LETTER
Body of the letter
Good and simple language or diction
A good letter conclusion
HOW TO WRITE AN EXCELLENT INFORMAL LETTERS IN WASSCE
Your Address and Date.
NO DESIGNATION OF THE ADDRESSEE IS TO BE INCLUDED!
Informal salutation such as Dear…
A letter to a friend can be chatty and should reflect some measure of familiarity between two friends…tutors should please spend more time giving examples to students because this is their Achilles heel as they tend to let go of their guard…very merrily!
Long sentences are allowed and can predominate…CONTRACTED FORMS SUCH AS WEREN’T, OR DON’T ARE ALSO ALLOWED (NOT ALLOWED FOR FORMAL LETTERS!)
Avoid the same errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Balance the length of sentences and link your paragraphs.
Balance the number of sentences in each paragraph.
Apart from your introduction and conclusion use only 3-5 paragraphs with each expressing different ideas.
For conclusion restate the reason for writing.
For Yours sincerely, truly, lovingly, etc those italicized words must start with a small letter.
No signature but first name of writer allowed.
Though colloquial expressions and slang may be permitted know that they are very risky…also be careful about using new acceptable words.
For all your latest news on the 2022 Waec Exam, Waec Answers for all subjects, Waec questions for all subjects, 2022 current Waec Exam TimeTable 2022 Waec Examinationation Report
Leave a Comment