JAMB Questions on Physics 2023: Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is an examination board, In a year, over 1 million candidates registered for the exams coordinated by JAMB.
2021 Jamb Registration Statistics
Do you know that the 2021 Jamb registration statistics show that over 1,223,962 candidates have been registered in the ongoing 2021 UTME registration while over 63,586 candidates have been registered for the Direct Entry as of May 23rd, 2021? This was contained in the weekly bulletin publication of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) via its official website.
2022 Jamb registration statistics
In the 2022 Jamb registration statistics show that over 1,763,338 candidates registered in the concluded 2022 UTME registration while over 73,586 candidates have been registered for Direct Entry as of May 23rd, 2022. This was contained in the weekly bulletin publication of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) via its official website.
Nkedugist have always been trying to provide a better method of giving high-quality resources to help every student out there achieve greatness. The best part is that we do this without requesting any money.
If you are on this website you are lucky because these questions that are dropped here are questions that were monitored from Jamb and you should kindly study it well, you can never tell how possible you can see it on your exam day.
If you are searching for Jamb Expo for physics 2023 then let’s get started with the JAMB Questions on Physics 2023
1. The distance traveled by a particle starting from rest is plotted against the square of the time elapsed from the commencement of motion. The resulting graph is linear. The slope of this graph is a measure of
A. Initial displacement
B. Initial velocity
D. Half the acceleration
E. Half the initial velocity
2. Which of the following statements about friction it NOT correct?
A. The force of kinetic friction is less than the force of static
B. The force of kinetic friction between two surfaces is independent of the areas in contact provided the normal reaction is
C. The force of rolling friction between two surfaces is less than the force of sliding
D. The angle of friction is the angle between the normal reaction and the force
E. Friction may be reduced by lubrication
3. For which of the under-listed quantities is the derived unit ML2T-2 correct?
I Moment of a force
A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II
E. II and III
4. What volume of alcohol with a density of 8.4 x 102kg m-3 will have the same mass as 4.2m3 of petrol whose density is 7.2 x 102kg m-3?
A. 1.4 m3
B. 3.6 m3
C. 4.9 m3
D. 5.0 m3
E. 5.8 m3
5. For correcting long sight defects in the human eye we require a
A. Converging lens
B. Diverging lens
E. Plain glass sheet.
6. For a concave mirror to form a real diminished image, the object must be placed
A. Behind the mirror
B. Between the mirror and in focus
C. Between the focus and the center of curvature
D. At the center of curvature
E. At a distance greater than the radius of curvature.
7. The unit quantity of electricity is called
A. The ampere
B. The volt
C. The coulomb
D. The ammeter
E. Electromotive force.
8. The resistance of a wire depends on
A. The length of the wire
B. The diameter of the wire
C. The temperature of the wire
D. The resistivity of the wire
E. All of the above.
9. When a yellow card is observed through blue glass, the card would appear as
10. In a nuclear plant, the final mass of the products is 6.32×10^-27kg, while the initial mass of the reactant is 6.30×10^-27kg, the energy released in the process is (speed of light in vacuum 3.0×10^8m/s, 1eV = 1.6×10^-19J)
B. 11.25 MJ
11. A 1.5kg stone was thrown vertically upward with an initial velocity of 42m/s, What is the potential energy of the stone at the highest point reached.
12. When two objects P and Q are supplied with the same quantity of heat, the temperature change in p is observed to be twice that of Q. The mass of P is half that of Q. The ratio of the specific heat of P to Q is
The following statements were made by some students describing what happened during the determination of the melting point of solids
I. The temperature of the solid was constant until melting started
II. The temperature of the solid rose until melting started
III. During melting, the temperature was rising
IV. During melting, the temperature was constant
V. The temperature continued to rise after all the solid had melted.
13. The temperature stopped rising after all the solid had melted. Which of the following gives correct statements in the right order?
A. ii, 1v and v
B. ii, iii and vi
C. i, iii and vi
D. i, iii and v
14. The stylus of a phonograph record exerts a force of 77. x 10-2N on a groove of radius 10-5m. Compute the pressure exerted by the stylus on the groove.
A. 2.42 x 109 Nm-2
B. 4.90 x 108Nm-2
C. 2.45 x 108Nm-2
D. 3.45 x 108Nm-2
15. A piece of stone attached to one end of a string is whirled round in a horizontal circle and the string suddenly cuts. The stone will fly off in a direction.
A. Tangential to the circular path
B. perpendicular to the circular path
C. Towards the centre of the circle
D. Parallel to the circular path.
16. A test tube of radius 1.0cm is loaded to 8.8g. If it is placed upright in the water, find the depth to which it would sink.
A. 25.2 cm
B. 2.8 cm
C. 28.0 cm
D. 5.2 cm [g = 10ms-2 density of water 1 000kgm-3].
17. A 90cm uniform lever has a load of 30N suspended at 15cm from one of its ends. If the fulcrum is at the center of gravity, the force that must be applied at its other end to keep it in horizontal equilibrium is
A. 20 N
B. 30 N
C. 60 N
D. 15 N
18. On top of a spiral spring of force constant 500 Nm-1 is placed a mass of 5 x 10-3kg. If the spring is compressed downwards by a length of 0.02m and then released, calculate the height to which the mass is projected
A. 2 m
B. 8 m
C. 1 m
D. 4 m
19. A hose of cross-sectional area 0.5m2 is used to discharge water from a water tank at a velocity of 60ms-1 in the 20s into a container. If the container is filled completely, the volume of the container is
A. 600 m3
B. 6 000 m3
C. 240 m3
D. 2 400 m3
20. A force of 100N is used to kick a football of mass 0.8kg. Find the velocity with which the ball moves if it takes 0.8s to be kicked.
21. In a resonance tube experiment, a tube of fixed length is closed at one end and several turning forks of increasing frequency are used to obtain resonance at the open end. If the tuning fork with the lowest frequency which gave resonance had a frequency ƒ1 and the next turning fork to give resonance had a frequency ƒ2, find the ratio ƒ2/ ƒ1.
22. Which of the following is NOT a vector quantity
23.The refractive index of a liquid is 1.5. If the velocity of light in a vacuum is 3.0 x 108m s-1, the velocity of light in the liquid is
A. 1.5 x 103m s-1
B. 2.0 x 103m s-1
C. 3.0 x 103m s-1
D. 4.5 x 103m s-1
E. 9.0 x 103m s-1
24. A train has an initial velocity of 44m/s and an acceleration of –4m/s2. Its velocity after 10 seconds is
25. The force with which an object is attracted to the earth is called its
26. Which of the following is NOT correct?
I. The pitch of a sound note depends on the frequency of vibrations.
II. The intensity of a sound note is proportional to the amplitude of vibrations.
III. Beats are produced by two sources of sound because one wave is traveling faster than the other.
IV. When two sources of the sound of frequencies 500 Hz and 502 Hz are sounded together, a neat frequency of 2 Hz is observed.
V. The first harmonic of a note has double the frequency of the fundamental note.
A. I and II
B. I and II
C. II and III
D. III and IV
E. IV and V.
27. A man of mass 50kg ascends a flight of stairs 5m high in 5 seconds. If acceleration due to gravity is 10m s-2, the power expended is
28. The linear expansivity of brass is 2 x 10-1 0C-1. If the P volume of a piece of brass is 100cm3 at 00C, what will be its volume at 1000C?
A. 10.02 cm3
B. 10.04 cm3
C. 10.06 cm3
D. 10.20 cm3
E. 102.00 cm3
29. The electrochemical equivalent of metal is 0.126 x 10-6 kg/C. The mass of the metal that a current of 5A deposit from a suitable bath in 1 hour is
A. 0.0378 x 10-3kg
B. 0.227 x 10-3kg
C. 0.378 x 10-3kg
D. 0.595 x 10-3kg
E. 2.268 x 10-3kg
30. In the following derived units, which one that is not a unit of power is
31. Ripples on the water are similar to light waves in that they both
A. Have the same wavelength
B. Are longitudinal
C. Cannot be reflected
D. Travel at the same speed
E. Can be refracted and diffracted
32. A piece of wood is floating on water. The forces acting on the wood are
A. Upthrust and reaction.
B. Weight and reaction
C. Weight and upthrust
D. Upthrsut and viscosity
E. Weight and viscosity.
33. The total length of a spring when a mass of 200g is hung from its end is 14cm, while its total length is 16cm when a mass of 30kg is hung from the same end. Calculate the unstretched length of the spring assuming Hooke’s law is obeyed.
A. 9.33 cm
B. 10.00 cm
C. 10.66 cm
D. 12.00 cm
E. 15.00 cm
34. The range of wavelengths of the visible spectrum is 400nm – 700nm. The wavelength of gamma rays is
A. Longer than 700nm
B. Shorter than 700nm but longer than 400nm
D. Shorter than 400nm
35. If the relative density of metal is 19, what will be the mass of 20cm3 of the metal when immersed in water?
36. Which of the following statements about liquid pressure is NOT correct? The pressure
A. At a point in a liquid is proportional to the depth.
B. At any point in a liquid is the same at the same level.
C. Is exerted equally in all directions at any point.
D. Of a liquid at any point on the wall of its
NOTE THAT: This question listed above is not 100 percent sure but kindly study it and cram it. There is a reason for that.
You can Join our Youtube Channel For Free Jamb Tutorials Lessons. Kindly Subscribe you might be lucky to easily find help very quickly from us.
If you have any questions you want to ask us kindly be free to ask by dropping the question in our comment box below and we promise to reply to you immediately after we see it.
If actually, this article on JAMB Questions on Physics 2023 is really helpful to you, can you please share it with your friends and relative using the social button below?