Junior Waec Basic Science Questions and Answers for all candidates is now available here for 2023/2024, you can get the JSS3 Basic Science Past Questions for free here.
If you are a candidate who is in search of the 2023 Junior Waec basic science questions and answer then you are at the right website because we try to make sure all our audience study hard to pass their examination.
The basic science questions you are seeing here are Basic science questions which are derived from Basic science Junior Waec questions for JSS3 with help of some scholars and examiners. It could also help students assess their level of exam preparation.
The following are likely questions you will come across in the 2023 BECE Basic Science Questions and Answer so kindly study them and answer them yourself.
Many of our subscribers have testified about our questions and answers, according to our candidates who use our Junior WAEC Questions to prepare have never regretted it and they do much better than those who didn’t.
For you to be prepared for all the Junior Waec Basic Science Questions or Junior Waec questions you can kindly subscribe to our channel to get help.
JSS3 BECE Basic Science Practice Tests – Junior WAEC
Focus on Concentration Area
Assists you in determining your exam pace.
Predict how the next exam question will turn out.
Attempt all Question
You are advised to work completely on your own
INSTRUCTION: From the options lettered A-D, choose the word that is correctly used to fill in the blank spaces.
1. Radioactivity is spontaneous…. of the nuclei of some elements to give off radiation in the form of particles of rays.
2. Sound is produced by….
A. bright source of light.
B. stationary material objects with wide surfaces.
C. vibrating particles carrying electric charges.
D. vibrating surfaces of material objects.
3. Which of the following is NOT a types of skill?
A. Desktop publishing and networking
C. Internet browsing
D. Walking and crawling
4. Materials that do NOT allow electric current to pass through them are called electrical….
5. Electricity is usually obtained from….
A. battery or cell.
B. electric light bulb.
C. electric motor
D. good electrical conductors.
6. The region around a magnet within which magnetic force of attraction or repulsion can be felt is called magnetic….
7. The live wire in an electrical circuit is at a …. than the neutral wire.
A. equal potential
B. higher potential
C. lower potential
D. similar potential
8. Pollution is an example of….
A. right application of science.
B. wrong application of science.
C. both right and wrong application of science.
D. eating raw food at night.
9. Glass is made from one of the following solid materials.
10. Agricultural use of land Include all the following EXCEPT….
A. animal farming.
B. crop farming.
C. farm settlements
D. road construction.
11. Which of the following is NOT an example of string instrument?
12. Which of these statement is NOT correct about | family trait?
A. Family traits could be dominant or recessive
B. Family traits are transmittable
C. Family traits are passed from one sibling to another
D. Family traits are use to trace siblings
13. Soil erosion can be defined as….
A. addition of humus to the soil.
B. addition of top soil.
C. it is the removal of the top soil.
D. it is the breaking of rocks.
14. Which of the following will not cause flooding?
A. Dam wall bursting
B. Planting crops in terraces
C. Strong winds in coastal areas
D. Rivers over flowing in flood plains
15. Deforestation is the process of ….
A. cutting down of forest and wood.
B. converting plants to sand.
C. inducing forest into trees.
D. planting grasses.
16. One drastic effect of deforestation on the environment is….
A. it increases the number of trees to grow.
B. it increases the growth of animals in forest.
C. it leads to extinction of animals and plants.
D. it provides shelter for hunters.
17. Desertification is formed when there is….
A. constant rainfall.
B. continuous sunlight.
C. continous hamattan
D. persistent rain failure.
18. The following are adverse effects of drug abuse EXCEPT…
B. damaged nostrils and lungs.
19. Which of those government organization apprehends drug carriers?
20. The following are example of fruits EXCEPT….
21. In order to live and grow well, the body needs….
A. balanced diet.
B. good posture.
C. regular make-up.
D. regular taking.
22. Deficiency in vitamin A causes _______.
(A) abnormal pains
(C) night blindness
23. The chemical formula for sodium hydroxide is _______.
24. The reaction between base and acid to produce salt and water is _______.
25. A change in matter that results in a new substance formation is _______.
(A) chemical change
(B) mechanical change
(C) permanent change
(D) physical change
26. The process of covering metal to avoid corrosion is ______.
(A) electro carbon
27. Which of these raw materials is used in the manufacture of cement?
28. When the moon is far from the earth such that no region of the moon falls on the earth it results in ______.
(A) annular eclipse
(B) eclipse of the moon
(C) eclipse of the sun
(D) partial eclipse
29. The following properties are properties of pure water EXCEPT it ______.
(A) boils at 100°C
(B) freeze at 0°c
(C) has odor
(D) is colorless
30. The breakdown of food substances to release energy is referred to as ________.
31. Which of these vectors transmit the malaria parasite?
(A) Aedes mosquito
(B) Anopheles mosquito
32. A habitat with a variety of trees is described as a _______.
33. The transfer of pollen grains from the other anther to the stigma of a flower is referred to as a _______.
34. Which of the following features differentiates man from other primates?
(A) Ability to stand upright
(B) Ability to grasp objects
(C) Ability to solve a complex problem
(D) Presence of eyes in front of the head
35. Which of these materials is biodegradable?
36. The color which is formed when iodine solution is added to starch is ______.
37. The benefits of technology are the following EXCEPT for ______.
(A) it makes agriculture more difficult
(B) it improves the standard of living
(C) it provides good shelter and security
(D) it makes people more creative
38. The following are the recent products of technology EXCEPT _______.
(D) shelves for keeping office files
39. The process of drawing without the aid of any instrument is called _______.
(D) free hand
40. The process of water (moisture content) in wood is known as _______.
(A) wood preservation
(B) wood seasoning
(C) wood conversation
(D) wood production
41. The property of metals that makes them flow when they melt is regarded as ______.
42. The maintenance carried out on a piece of equipment to avoid its breakdown is ______.
(A) corrective maintenance
(B) deductive maintenance
(C) predictive maintenance
(D) preventive maintenance
43. A person skilled in the operations of lathe machines is called ______.
44. A polygon with nine sides is called _______.
45. When fuel is burnt, chemical energy is converted into ______.
46. Which of the following reduces friction?
47. The following tools are used for site preparation EXCEPT for ______
(A) tilling drum
(D) chain saw
48. How many degrees make a straight line?
49. Which of the following instruments is used to transfer measurement from one point to another?
(A) A pair of compass
(B) A pair of dividers
(E) Scale rule
50. The following are types of woodwork joints EXCEPT for ______.
Junior BECE WAEC Basic Science Objective Answers
Basic Science for JSS3 Essay Questions
SECTION B (THEORY)
INSTRUCTION: Answer all questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. (a) Define energy.
(b) List four forms of energy.
(c) If an object of mass 12kg is moving at a velocity of 5m/s, calculate the kinetic energy.
2. (a) Define petrochemicals.
(b) Give three examples of the by-products of petrochemicals.
(c) Outline two important each of petrochemicals and crude oil in Nigeria.
Using our Junior Waec Basic Science Questions in preparing for your Junior Waec Examinations, cannot be overemphasized.
By using past exam papers as part of your preparation, you can find out what you already know and at the same time also find out what you do not know well enough or don’t know at all and be able to know new things to read.
How To Purchase The JUNIOR/BECE Past Questions For ( 9) Subject or 14 Subjects
BECE Mathematics Past Questions Pdf N800
BECE English Past Questions Pdf N800
BECE Home Economics Past Questions Pdf N600
BECE Social Studies Past Questions Pdf N800
BECE Basic Science Past Questions Pdf N600
BECE Basic Technology Past Questions Pdf N600
BECE Computer Studies Past Questions Pdf N700
BECE Agricultural Science Past Questions Pdf N600
BECE Civic Education Past Questions Pdf N600
BECE Business Studies Past Questions Pdf N700
BECE Literature Past Questions Pdf N1000
BECE CRS Past Questions Pdf N600
In case the subject you are searching for is not there, you can let us know Via our Whatsapp. So with this, you can see the price tag for any of the subjects you want to purchase.
If you want to make your payment kindly See the account detail to pay below.
- Bank Name: Diamond Access Bank
- Account Number: 0039294653
- Account name: Momoh Andrew Annoghena
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about the 2023 Junior Basic Science question, kindly subscribe or bookmark our website for us to provide you with it.