MLC School provides a range of scholarships, including the Principal’s Scholarship, scholarships for new and continuing students, all-rounders, music students, and daughters of Old Girls. Some of these scholarships are means-tested.
To be eligible for most scholarships, candidates must take an entrance examination. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a Scholarship Activity Day, where they will participate in various activities with other candidates and attend an interview.
What types of scholarships does MLC School offer?
MLC School offers a range of scholarships to both new and continuing students. Here are some of the scholarships that are available
- Principal’s Scholarship – This scholarship is awarded to a student who demonstrates academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to community service.
- Scholarships for New Students – These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence and potential.
- Scholarships for Continuing Students – These scholarships are awarded to current MLC School students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to community service.
- All-Rounder Scholarships – These scholarships are awarded to students who excel academically, as well as in other areas such as sports, music, drama, or art.
- Music Scholarships – These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional musical talent and potential.
- Daughters of Old Girls Scholarships – These scholarships are awarded to daughters of MLC School alumnae who demonstrate academic excellence and potential.
Are MLC School scholarships means-tested?
Yes, some of the scholarships offered by MLC School are means-tested, meaning that they take into account the financial situation of the applicant’s family. This is to ensure that scholarships are awarded to students who may not otherwise have the financial means to attend MLC School.
The means-testing process involves an assessment of the family’s income and assets, and the level of scholarship awarded will depend on the results of this assessment.
The scholarships that are means-tested may vary from year to year, and the specific eligibility criteria for each scholarship will be outlined in the application information.
How do I apply for an MLC School scholarship?
To apply for an MLC School scholarship, you will need to follow these steps:
- Check the MLC School website or contact the school directly to find out which scholarships are available and the eligibility criteria for each scholarship.
- Complete the scholarship application form for the scholarship(s) that you are interested in. This application form will typically include questions about your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and personal interests.
- Gather any additional documents or materials that are required as part of the application process. This may include academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, or a personal statement.
- Submit your application form and any supporting materials by the deadline specified by the school. The deadline may vary depending on the scholarship, so be sure to check the school’s website or contact them directly for more information.
- After you submit your application, the school will review your application and may invite you to sit an entrance examination. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend a Scholarship Activity Day and an interview.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified by the school in writing. The terms and conditions of the scholarship will be outlined in this notification.
To apply for an MLC School scholarship, you will need to visit their website or contact the school [email protected] directly for more information on how to apply.
Is an entrance examination required to apply for an MLC School scholarship?
For the majority of scholarships offered by MLC School, an entrance examination is required as part of the application process.
The purpose of the entrance examination is to assess the academic ability of the applicants, and to determine if they are eligible for a scholarship. The entrance examination may include questions on a range of subjects, including English, Mathematics, and General Ability.
What happens after I submit my MLC Scholarships application?
After you submit your scholarship application to MLC School, the school will review your application and assess your eligibility for the scholarship you have applied for.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may be invited to sit an entrance examination or provide additional information such as academic transcripts, references, or other documentation.
If you are shortlisted for a scholarship, you will be invited to attend a Scholarship Activity Day, where you will participate in a range of activities, such as group discussions, interviews, and practical tests. This day is designed to assess your suitability for the scholarship and determine if you are a good fit for MLC School.
After the Scholarship Activity Day, the school will make its final selection of scholarship recipients. If you are successful, you will be notified in writing of the outcome and the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
The terms and conditions will outline what the scholarship covers, such as tuition fees, uniform, textbooks, and other costs, as well as any other obligations or requirements that come with the scholarship.
If you are not successful in receiving a scholarship, the school may still offer you a place at the school, and you may still be able to attend as a fee-paying student.
How Many Scholarships Are Awarded each year?
The number of scholarships awarded each year by MLC School varies depending on the availability of funds and the number of eligible applicants.
The school may offer a limited number of scholarships each year for each category, such as academics, music, sport, or leadership. Some scholarships may also be means-tested and depend on the financial situation of the applicant’s family.
The specific number of scholarships offered each year will depend on various factors, such as the quality of applications received, the level of competition, and the available resources of the school. The school’s website or admissions office may provide more information on the number of scholarships awarded each year and the categories available.
The number of scholarships awarded each year varies depending on the type of scholarship and the number of qualified applicants.
Can I apply for multiple scholarships?
Yes, you can apply for multiple scholarships at MLC School. However, it is important to note that the application process for each scholarship may be different, and you will need to submit a separate application for each scholarship you wish to apply for.
When applying for multiple scholarships, it is important to carefully read and follow the application instructions for each scholarship, as the eligibility criteria and requirements may differ.
Some scholarships may require an entrance examination or additional documentation, while others may require a portfolio of work or an audition.
It is also important to prioritize which scholarships you apply for, as you may not have the time or resources to apply for every scholarship that is available.
Consider your strengths, interests, and goals, and choose the scholarships that align with your skills and achievements.
Remember that the selection process for scholarships is highly competitive, and it is essential to prepare a strong application that demonstrates your suitability for the scholarship and your potential to succeed at MLC School.
When is the deadline to apply for an MLC School Scholarships?
The deadline to apply for an MLC School scholarship may vary depending on the scholarship category and the year level of the applicant.
Scholarships for Year 5 2024 Entry Application Open and Deadline Dates
MLC School has an All-Rounder Scholarship for girls entering Year 5 in the following year. It is open to prospective students and those enrolled in Year 4 at the School. Applications for Year 5, 2024 entry will open in May 2023.
The MLC scholarship relates to Year 5 and Year 6 only, recipients still need to apply for Year 7 scholarships in the usual manner.
|Scholarship applications open||Monday 1 May 2023|
|Scholarship applications close||Monday 31 July 2023|
|Scholarship examination at MLC School||Saturday 12 August 2023|
MLC Scholarships for Year 7 to Year 11 2025 Entry Application Open and Deadline Dates
MLC School opens scholarship applications around 18 months before the intended year of entry for those looking at Year 7 to Year 11 scholarships.
Applications for entry in Years 7 to Year 11 in 2025 will open mid-2023. Please see the important dates below.
|Scholarship applications open||Monday 3 July 2023|
|Scholarship applications close||Thursday 5 October 2023|
|Scholarship examination||Saturday 14 October 2023|
In general, scholarship applications at MLC School may open in the second half of the year prior to the academic year for which the scholarship is intended.
Leave a Comment