Admission Requirements for MOUAU: This is to inform all the students, intending applicants, and the general public that this page is more of the MOUAU requirement for admission and Jamb cut off mark. Kindly check all the MOUAU Admission Requirements with their Jamb cut-off mark.
Applicants seeking admission into the first year of any degree course in the University must be qualified for admission before the beginning of the session in which they wish to enter. The applicants must meet the following:
- The general entrance requirements, and
- Additional College or Departmental course requirements.
Intending students of the University are advised to go through the Admission requirements to ensure that they had satisfied the requirements before they apply for Admission.
MOUAU GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- All candidates minimum age for admission must be 16 years.
- All candidates wishing to be considered for admission must enrol for and write the selection examination organized by an accredited body such as JAMB.
- Prospective students who MOUAU, Abia as their first choice institution should score up to 180 and above.
- Candidate should at least possess a minimum of 5 credit passes at the SSCE or equivalent obtained at not more than 2 sittings in relevant subjects including English and Mathematics.
- A minimum of WASC/SSCE/NECO/GCE “O” Level with at least five Credits.
- The exact requirements of different programmes which may be modified from time to time by the university Senate could be obtained from the University Registry as well as JAMB’s information publications for potential students.
MOUAU CANDIDATE TRANSFER FORM:
Are you asking if the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) accept inter universities transfer from another university to MOUAU? The answer is yes, they accept inter transfer of students.
This means that a student can transfer from an approved degree programme in a Nigerian University to the same or another Degree programme at MOUAU University.
Candidates who wish to transfer from other universities into the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, are required to:
- Purchase and complete the prescribed application form obtainable from the University Registry at Umudike.
- Posses the minimum entry requirements for admission into the university as well as the special requirements of the proposed Department/ programme.
- Ensure that their academic transcripts and special reports on them (forwarded by appropriate officials of their former institutions) are received in the admission office of the University.
MOUAU CHANGE OF COURSE/DEPARTMENT:
If you are thinking of how to change course or department in MOUAU then you are on the page. MOUAU allow the change of course and department.
In a case you an admitted student who couldn’t meet the criteria of a department as a result, such student can be changed to a new department provided he/she meets the criteria of the other department.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENT FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES IN MOUAU
A student must have taken and passed a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) credit unit courses for a four – year, one hundred and fifty (150) credit unit courses for a five – year, and one hundred and eighty (180) credit unit courses for a six-year programme.
In each case, the student must obtain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 1.00 (2.00 required for a Doctor in Veterinary medicine).
Most programmes in the University however have a minimum credit load requirement of about 144-168; 180-210 and 216-252 for four, five and six-year course duration respectively.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for MOUAU DIRECT ENTRY:
Are you asking if MOUAU accept or run a direct entry programme? The answer is Yes. This is to inform all student who wishes to go through direct entry at the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) that is possible because MOUAU accepts direct entry candidates. Based on a combination of ‘O’ Level results with the following qualifications:
- OND/ND (Distinction)
- HND (Credit)
- NCE (Double Major) at Credit Level
- OND/ND (Credit)
- NCE (Double Major/Merit Level)
Candidates with qualifications as in (i), (ii) and (iii) as listed above may be admitted into the 200 level while those as in (iv) or (v) may be admitted into the 100 level.
Holders of the ND with a minimum of upper credit passes in addition to O level credit passes are normally admitted into the 200 level of the programme while holders of HND certificates may be admitted into the 300 level except for the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine programme.
The degree duration shown for most programmes is for UME candidates. Candidates with ND and HND or their equivalents spend fewer years in their programmes (as stated above), e.g. four or three years, respectively, in the B. Agric. compared to five years for UME candidates.
MOUAU PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME:
Are you asking if MOUAU accept or offer a direct Pre-Degree programme? the answer is yes, all Candidates who wish to apply for Pre-degree can apply because MOUAU offers pre-degree programmes, and candidates should possess at least five ‘O’ Level credits, in relevant subjects including English and Mathematics, for you to be considered.
MOUAU POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
Are you asking if MOUAU accept or offer a Postgraduates programme? all Candidates should possess the requisite qualification for their intended course of study at the time of submitting their completed application forms because MOUAU offer Post Graduate Programmes.
MOUAU POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME:
All Applicants shall be holders of third class Honours Bachelor’s degree of MOUAU or other institutions recognized by Senate, or holders of the Higher National Diploma (HND) at the Distinction or Upper credit level or equivalent certificate of other institutions recognized by Senate in other for them to be considered.
MOUAU MASTER’S DEGREE:
Are you asking if MOUAU accept or offer a Master’s Degree programme? all applicants must be graduates of MOUAU or other recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelor degree with at least second class Honours or its equivalent or candidates who possess. Third class Honours degree of recognized universities and at least an Upper Credit in Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field, or Candidates who possess the Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a credit from recognized institutions, plus credit at the Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution or any other certificate or qualification that may be acceptable to Senate.
MOUAU DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY DEGREE:
Candidates must be graduates of MOUAU or other recognized Universities who have obtained a first-class Bachelor’s degree, or a Master’s Degree in relevant disciplines with a Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 5 point scale, or at least 2.8 on a 4 point scale.
If actually, this information is awesome and useful to you please kindly share using via Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and Google+
Leave a Comment