This is to inform Prospective candidates who NEKEDE is their school of choice, that they are to choose less competitive courses if their marks are low, so as to gain admission into the Polytechnic Due to the high number of students wishing to study at the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, the admission processes are competitive.
Some of the questions they are asking, what is the NEKEDE departmental cut off mark for all courses this year 2019/2020, Some are even asking about the NEKEDE Jamb cut off mark. most of the questions asked into various departmental courses cut off mark in a particular Polytechnic is been posted here.
However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses. The new point system is used for calculating scores and also screening students
The official JAMB and Post-UTME cut off mark for Fed Poly Nekede is 150. Following the scrapping of Post-UTME by the federal government, the Joints Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had given a benchmark of 170 and above for candidates applying for Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education. For this reason, Fed Poly Nekede has followed suit to place their cut off mark at 180.
Meaning of Cut Off Mark?
Cut Off Mark simply means a minimum point that a school fixed for any candidate who is applying for admission in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and or Post-Utme/Screening Exercise in order to be accepted for admission into the particular school he/she chooses.
But the question that might be bordering you remains: what about those that had 180 and above but were not still given the admission to study their desired courses?
For one to successfully gain admission, the candidate must have passed the cut off mark set by the Federal Polytechnic Nekede before proceeding to even buy the admission form. Any candidate who fails to score exactly or more than the scheduled Poly Nekede cut off mark will not be considered for admission by the board. fine below the cut off marks.
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE DEPARTMENTAL/COURSES CUT OFF MARK 2022/2023.
1)Agricultural Engineering (AE) – 160
2) Computer Engineering (CE) – 175
3) Electrical/Electronic Engineering (EE)-150
4) Mechanical Engineering (ME) -150
5) Accountancy (ACC)-180
6) Banking And Finance (BF)- 200
7) Business Administration And Management (BAM)-200
8) Cooperative Economics And Management (CEM) – 180
9) Marketing (MKT) – 15010) Office Technology Management (OTM) -100
11) Public Administration (PA)-200
12)Purchasing And Supply ( PS)-120
13) Mass Communication (MC)-210
15) Building Technology (BT)-170
16)Estate Management (EM)-180
17) Urban And Regional Planning (URP)-120
18) Quantity Surveying (QS)-130
19) SUG- 100
20)Micro Biology ( B/MICRO)-200
22) Computer Science (CS)-210
23) Environmental Biology (ENV/BIO)-190
24) Fishery Technology (FIT)-110
25) Food Technology (FOOD-TECH) -180
26) Library Science ( L/S)-150
27) Statistics (STA)-150
28) Biochemistry (BIOCHEM) -180
29) Petroleum Engineering (P/E) -180
30) Science Laboratory Technology ( S/ST) -210
31) Optometry (OPT) – 180
32) Pharmaceutical Technology (PHARMTECH) – 100
33) Surveying and Geo-Informatics (SGI) – 150
34) Art and Design (ARD) -150
35) Mechatronics Engineering Technology (MECH ENGINE TECH) – 180
1. The Application fee is Two thousand naira (N2.000.00) only.
The following are required:
- (a) O’level Result (WASSCE, NECO & NABTEB).
- (b) UTME Score.
- (c) JAMB subject combination for the course applied.
2. All prospective candidates are advised to Change to Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri as their FIRST CHOICE institution and also note that any wrong information supplied, disqualifies the candidate.
CHECK RELATED ARTICLE:
- Nekede Polytechnic Courses Offered for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE SCHOOL FEES FOR 2022/2023
Any question you have kindly please drop it down in our comment box below and we promise to answer you immediately we receive your message thanks for reading.