Are you a student of Noun and you are in search of the easy way you can meet up with your Online studies, then you need to know about Noun Online Facilitation Briefing which we think can guide you to succeed.
NOUN students are encouraged to continue with their studies as you all comply with the stay-at-home instructions to stop the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
It is no longer strange that NOUN as an Open and Distance Learning Institution (ODL) allows learning at a distance as it focuses on open access to education freeing learners from the constraints of time and place. In spite of the current challenges NOUN students are encouraged to take advantage of the Online Facilitation sessions made available for many courses
MEANING OF ODL(OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING)
The concept of open learning and distance education system focuses on open access to education and training to make the learners free from the constraints of time and place and offering flexible learning opportunities to individuals and groups of learners. Open and distance learning (ODL)is one of the most rapidly growing fields of education nowadays and it has a substantial impact on all education delivery systems
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Noun Online Facilitation Academic Briefing
What you don’t really know about Online Facilitation, the truth is online facilitation offers the opportunity for students to engage with facilitators on the course materials. Typically, the facilitation exercise comprises of three main activities:
1. Video Conferencing Sessions: Here the facilitator will come online for one hour based on a predetermined schedule (see https://mylearningspace.nouedu2.net/info/time-table). The facilitator will briefly explain concepts in a course module or unit under consideration after which he/she answers questions students may have on the course material.
All the video conferencing session will be recorded and made available on the NOUN Learning Space for review and the benefit of those that could not join the sessions.
2. Discussion Forums: An online discussion forum is a learning tool that gives students a place to express their opinion and understanding regarding the topic outlined for discussion. Students will be able to challenge one another to think deeply about the course. The online facilitator will guide the process.
3. Chat Sessions with other students in the course
Students may participate in the activities using internet-enabled smart devices i.e. smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. Throughout the exercise, students are expected to exhibit basic online etiquette
All NOUN’s online platforms remain accessible to staff and students. Specifically, online learning platforms can be accessed
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) School Fees
- National Open University of Nigeria E-Clearance Form Procedure 2020/2021
If actually, this formation is helpful to you kindly share it to your friends and relative who also are students of NOUN using via Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and Google+