The National Open University of Nigeria is one of those centres in which information and skills are believed to be rendered Without much stress of Admission Trouble.
Noun Portal: In 2011, NOUN had about 57,759 students. The Vice-Chancellor at the time was Prof. Vincent Tenebe. The university was for years operating from its Administrative Headquarters in Victoria Island, VI Lagos, before its current VC, Professor Abdalla Uba Adamu, moved it to its permanent headquarters in Jabi, Abuja, in 2016. It has over 75 Study Centres throughout the country. It offers over 50 programmes and 750 courses.
By its nature as an ODL institution, NOUN does not provide lectures to students in normal classrooms except some certain study centres. The study centre in Lagos, for instance, provides lectures to all its Law undergraduates and supplies necessary course materials to all students after the payment of tuition fees. All the courses being offered by the university have been accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
The Registrar serves as the Secretary to Council and Senate bodies. The Registry Department’s primary responsibility is to provide support services in the General Administration of the university with an emphasis on Council affairs, Senate matters, recruitment of staff, students’ admission/welfare, staff welfare and other related activities. The current Registrar is Mr Felix Edoka.
But, it is also true that the National Open University of Nigeria is one of those education centres seems to be known about it.
As a matter of fact, their system of operation with regards to admission, lecturing, campuses, hostels, and everything that has got to do with the modus operandi of a university is to some extent unknown to the vast majority of people.
And unless you are a student of NOUN, it is quite difficult for much about this institution; as this is not the case with other higher institution. Noun Portal
Step by Step Procedure on How to Apply for Admission
- Visit the site www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either the Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Any other programme is not available at the moment
- Click “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left-hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click the ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with a red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
If you have any issue base on this article published, you are free to drop your comment in the box below or better still send us a message in our Gmail account email@example.com in other to reply you faster.