Scholarships 2020: The University of Bologna awards study grants and full tuition fee waivers to deserving international students who wish to register for First, Single, and Second Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna for A.Y. 2020/2021.
Bologna University is the oldest university in the world and it has been student-centred whilst attracting prominent figures from science and the arts. Today it is a leader in the European Higher Education Area and famous for its beauty and integration with the city.
The University of Bologna is the first university in Italy in the world’s top 100 of the new QS World University Rankings by Subject. The Alma Mater makes it among the first 100 universities in the world with 21 subjects: a stunning result which we share with only 70 other universities globally.
The QS World University Rankings is one of the most prestigious international university rankings. It’s ranking by subject gathers information about more than 13,000-degree courses in approximately 1,400 universities. The 2020 list was published today.
The University of Bologna populates the top 100 ends of the rankings with 21 subjects, of these 4 disciplines are among the top 50 in the world: position 19 for Classics & Ancient History, 39 for Modern Languages and Agriculture and Forestry, and Dentistry in position number 40. If we look at subject areas, i.e. macro-areas of knowledge containing every single discipline, the Alma Mater makes it to the top 100 with three subject areas: Arts and Humanities, Sciences and Management and Life Science and Medicine.
AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS 2020
Field(s) of study:
There are kind of field of study that is provided for interested candidates which are
- First, Single Degree Programmes
- Second Cycle Degree Programmes offered at the University.
Number of Scholarships:
• 5 study grants worth € 11.059 each (Unibo Action 2) and full tuition fee waivers for a total amount of €16.000 (Unibo Action 1) for First Cycle and Single Cycle degree programmes
• 17 study grants worth €11.059 each (Unibo Action 2) and full tuition fee waivers for a total amount of €100.000 (Unibo Action 1) for Second Cycle degree programmes
This scholarship is made for the International students whose qualifications were obtained in an institution outside of the Italian education system, regardless of citizenship is does not really count.
Each Unibo Action 2 study grants are awarded for one academic year only and amount to a total of €11.059, gross of all charges for the beneficiary’s account.
Each Unibo Action 1 full tuition waivers are awarded for one academic year only. Students who are awarded the waivers must pay €157.64 in regional taxes, the duty stamp and the insurance premium (amount subject to change).
Application is open exclusively to candidates who:
1) possess qualifications for admission to the chosen First, Single, or Second Cycle degree programme issued by an institution outside of the Italian education system or in an Italian institute outside Italy, after at least two years of attendance. If the qualification for admission is a one-year title, the prior qualification will be considered too. Qualifications issued by institutions of the Republic of San Marino do not satisfy this condition. The applicant’s citizenship is not considered;
2) meet the admission requirements for the chosen degree programme or will meet such requirements at the time of registration;
3) are not current students at the University of Bologna for First, Single or Second Cycle degree programmes. Important! Those whose student career (First, Single or Second Cycle degree programme) ended within A.Y. 2018-19 for any reason are not considered students. Withdrawals from studies must have been completed before the publication of this call;
4) have not already benefited from the Unibo Action 2 study grant or from the Unibo Action 1 waiver;
5) are not 30 years or older as of the deadline of the call.
Scholarships 2020: All applications are to be submitted by 31 March 2020 (Second Cycle Programmes) or 30 April 2020 (First or Single Cycle Programmes), exclusively through Studenti Online, as explained in the call for applications depend on the cycle you are interested.
For more information, we advise to read the 2020/21 Call for Applications (GRE) or 2020/21 Call for Applications (SAT) and visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Apply for Unicaf University Scholarship to Study For Masters
- NNPC/Total Scholarships Application form 2020/2021 Session
- Scholarship for Undergraduate African Students to Study Abroad