The Tara Scholarship is a scholarship program that provides financial assistance to deserving students from underprivileged backgrounds in India to pursue higher education.
The program was established by the Royal Thai Government in 1979 in honor of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand. The scholarship is named after the Sanskrit word “Tara,” which means “star,” and symbolizes the hope that the scholarship recipients will shine brightly in their future careers.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and a monthly living allowance for the duration of the program. It is open to Indian students who have completed their secondary education and have been admitted to undergraduate or postgraduate programs in Thailand in the fields of science, engineering, agriculture, and technology.
The selection process for the scholarship is highly competitive and based on academic merit, financial need, and personal character. The scholarship is awarded for the entire duration of the program, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
The Tara Scholarship has been a significant source of support for many talented and deserving students from India, enabling them to access higher education and pursue their dreams.
Who is eligible to apply for the Tara Scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for the Tara Scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen residing in India.
- The applicant must have completed their secondary education (Grade 12) with a minimum of 70% marks.
- The applicant must have been accepted to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate program in Thailand in the fields of science, engineering, agriculture, and technology.
- The applicant must not be over 25 years of age at the time of application.
- The applicant must have a good command of the English language.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
What does the Tara Scholarship cover?
The Tara Scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees: The scholarship covers the tuition fees for the entire duration of the program.
- Accommodation expenses: The scholarship provides accommodation expenses, which include lodging and boarding, for the duration of the program.
- Monthly living allowance: The scholarship provides a monthly living allowance to cover the cost of food, transportation, and other living expenses.
- Health insurance: The scholarship covers the cost of health insurance for the entire duration of the program.
How do I apply for the Scholarship?
To apply for the Tara Scholarship, you need to follow these steps:
- Check if you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Gather all the required documents, which may include your academic transcripts, passport, admission letter from the Thai university, proof of financial need, and other supporting documents as required.
- Visit the official website of the Tara Scholarship program to access the application form and other relevant information.
- Fill in the application form carefully, ensuring that all information provided is accurate and complete.
- Upload all the required documents in the specified format and size.
- Submit your completed application form and wait for the selection process to be completed.
What is the selection process for the Scholarship?
The selection process for the Tara Scholarship is highly competitive and based on academic merit, financial need, and personal character. The selection process typically involves the following steps:
The Application Process
- Submit a completed enrolment application form. A non-refundable payment of $220 is required along with your daughter’s Birth Certificate (translated and certified if applicable), current school reports (if applicable), and a valid Immunisation Certificate from Medicare.
- If your daughter was born outside of Australia but is now a citizen, a copy of the Citizenship Certificate is required.
- For temporary or permanent residents of Australia, please also attach a copy of your daughter’s passport and visa.
- Please note your application is initially an expression of interest and does not guarantee your daughter a place at the School.
- Our Enrolments Team will contact you once your application is received to arrange an interview with you and your daughter.
- Offers of enrolment are made after the interview process is complete and Tara Anglican School for Girls enrolment requirements are met.
- Offers of enrolment must be accepted or declined within seven days of receipt.
- When accepting an offer, parents are asked to complete and return acceptance paperwork and provide any additional supporting documentation as required.
- A $1,550 non-refundable enrolment fee is required at the time of acceptance (these fees cover a $ 300 lifetime membership to the Tara Old Girls’ Association and $1,250 for growing the Foundation Endowment Fund).
Leave a Comment