Uk university ranking 2022: Which Universities are the best in the UK? UK University rankings and league tables are highly competitive. There are over 150 higher education institutions to choose from in the UK, and it is important you have all the information on where to go and what to study before applying.
The Official latest Universities Ranking In UK has been finally released, the Important factors to consider when choosing a UK university include.
Other criteria are considered when approving Uk university ranking 2022:
- “Completion” – the percentage of students who manage to complete their degree;
- “Entry standards” – the average UCAS tariff score (data source: HESA);
- “Facilities spending” – the average expenditure per student on sports, careers services, health and counseling;
- “Good honors” – the percentage of students graduating with a first or 2.1;
- “Graduate prospects” – the percentage of UK graduates in graduate employment or further study (data source: HESA’s survey of Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE));
- “Library and computing spending” – the average expenditure on library and computer services per student (data source: HESA);
- “Research” (data source: 2008 Research Assessment Exercise);
- “Student satisfaction” (data source: National Student Survey); and
- “Student-staff ratio” (data source: HESA).
The challenge, of course, is making sure that British institutions feature just as prominently on the global stage in 2022 and far beyond. That is the aim of the review into university funding that Lord Browne of Madingley is carrying out for the government.
Higher education is going global fast. Students and academics are more internationally mobile. First-rate universities are growing in emerging nations. More research crosses national boundaries. I believe the UK is well placed to thrive on this exciting international stage.
UK Higher Education: The Most Top 10 UK University Ranking 2020
The most recent league table (2020) ranked the top 50 (out of 121) British universities as follows
|Rank(1–10)||University||Appearances inSubject Tables||TopPlaces||Times inTop Ten||Percentagein Top Ten|
|1||University of Cambridge||41||27||41||100.0|
|2||University of Oxford||37||9||37||100.0|
|3||Imperial College London||14||0||13||92.9|
|5||University of St Andrews||24||4||21||87.5|
|6||London School of Economics||12||1||10||83.3|
|7||University of Exeter||37||0||26||70.3|
|8||University of Bath||26||2||18||69.2|
|9||University College London||37||0||25||67.6|
|10||Royal Veterinary College||3||0||2||66.7|
Summary of national rankings
The following universities rank in the top 10 in at least one of the most recent national rankings; the table is ordered according to the Times Higher Education Table of Tables (2020).
|University||THE Table of Tables (2020)||Complete (2020)||Guardian (2020)||#|
|University of Cambridge||1||1||1|
|University of Oxford||2||2||3|
|University of St Andrews||3||3||2|
|Imperial College London||4||4||7|
|University of Bath||8||9||6|
|London School of Economics||9||4||19|
|University of Warwick||10||11=||9|
|University of Exeter||11||11=||10|
|University College London||13||10||22|
Uk university ranking 2020: Neither league tables nor the raw data behind them can tell the whole story, however. There is still the indefinable extra that comes from a strong, self-confident university with a commitment.
The highest standards of teaching and research based on free and independent academic inquiry. That is one of the great strengths of Britain’s universities, and we are committed to maintaining it.