The UNIOSUN Direct Entry Form offers a pathway for potential students seeking admission to Osun State University without the need to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This application is tailored for individuals holding qualifications such as OND, HND, NCE, A-Level (JUPEP), or a recognized diploma from an accredited institution.
If you’re aspiring to secure admission to the second year (Level 200) at Osun State University, we’re delighted to inform you that the UNIOSUN Direct Entry Form for the 2024/2025 academic year is now open.
This comprehensive guide covers the application process, requirements, key dates, and answers to frequently asked questions.”
Uniosun Direct Entry Form
Direct Entry is an admission process that allows students to secure admission directly into the second year (Level 200) of a university program, bypassing the initial year of foundational coursework.
Direct Entry is a way to directly start university in the second year, skipping the first year. It’s for students with diplomas, OND, HND, or A-levels.
In simple terms, it lets students with certain qualifications jump into their chosen degree program without the basics, recognizing their prior studies and making the path to a bachelor’s degree faster.
Uniosun Direct Entry Requirements
To be eligible for UNIOSUN Direct Entry admission, applicants must have one of the following qualifications: OND, HND, NCE, A-Level, or a recognized diploma certificate from an accredited institution.
Furthermore, candidates are required to have obtained five credit passes in O’ Level subjects, which must include English and Mathematics, achieved in not more than two sittings.
Candidates are also expected to meet all the O’ Level and Direct Entry requirements specified for their chosen course, as advertised by JAMB.
To be eligible for admission to UNIOSUN for the 2023/2024 academic session, candidates must meet the following criteria:
What is the Cut-off mark for UNIOSUN Direct Entry?
UNIOSUN does not establish a specific cut-off mark for admissions. To enhance your competitiveness for Direct Entry admission, it is essential to maintain a strong academic performance indicated by a good Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in the academic credentials you are submitting as part of your application.
These credentials commonly include qualifications like OND, HND, NCE, or A-Level programs, such as JUPEB. Direct Entry candidates should focus on achieving strong academic performance in their prior qualifications to increase their chances of gaining admission to UNIOSUN.
Did UNIOSUN Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry?
Yes, The University also recognizes a minimum achievement of a Lower Credit for applicants in the Direct Entry category.
How Much is Osun State University Direct Entry Form?
The application fee is N2,000. First, you’ll need to obtain the JAMB Direct Entry Form. You can complete this process online through the JAMB portal or by visiting designated banks and accredited centers.
When is UNIOSUN Direct Entry Form Closing?
Candidates are required to send their Academic Transcripts to the Registrar of Osun State University by the last Friday of October/November each year that there portal opens for newly interested candidates.
Direct Entry candidates should complete the application online via the University’s official website at either http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or http://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng. It’s important to carefully review the university’s admission requirements for their chosen program before applying.
All Direct Entry candidates, including those enrolled in UNIOSUN’s IJMB and JUPEB programs, who intend to seek admission to Osun State University for the academic session and have obtained the Direct Entry form from JAMB, are eligible to participate in the screening exercise.
How To apply for the UNIOSUN Direct Entry Screening Form
Step 1: Purchase JAMB Direct Entry Form
- Begin by obtaining the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Direct Entry Form. You can do this online via the official JAMB Portal or at designated banks and accredited centers. Ensure you select UNIOSUN as your choice of university.
Step 2: Register on the JAMB Portal
- After purchasing the form, register on the JAMB portal. You will need to provide personal information and upload your credentials.
Step 3: Complete UNIOSUN Direct Entry Screening Form
- Visit the UNIOSUN admissions portal after registering on the JAMB Portal. Fill out the Direct Entry Screening Form, providing details about your educational background, and upload relevant academic transcripts and documents.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
- After completing the form, you’ll be prompted to pay the application fee. This fee can usually be paid online using a debit card or through a bank transfer.
Step 5: Submit Your Application
- Double-check your application to ensure all information is accurate. Once you’re confident in the accuracy of your application, submit it. You should receive a confirmation message or email indicating that your application has been received.
Step 6: Await the Screening Date
- After submitting your application, wait for the announcement of the screening date. The university will communicate the date to applicants through its official website or other direct communication channels.
Keep in mind that specific details or steps may vary slightly, so it’s advisable to regularly check the official UNIOSUN website for the most accurate and up-to-date information