The University of Abuja
The University of Abuja was established by an Act of the Federal Government in 1988, Gwagwalada mini-campus is the first campus in the university to be established at take-off time. Though the university is gradually relocating to the permanent site, up till this day, the campus still hosts two female hostels and a boys’ hostel making a total of three thousand students. The University has twelve (12) Faculties, a College of Health Sciences, a Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE), Institute of Education.The University of Abuja is a dual-mode University in Nigeria with great prospects. University Of Abuja Job Vacancy Opportunity
Nkedugist is actually trying to make sure information is passed across from the main source, for the good of every successful Undergraduate, Post-graduates and even Applicant.
THIS IS TO INFORM WHO IT MAY CONCERN ABOUT AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE POST OF REGISTRAR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA
UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA
(OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE POST OF REGISTRAR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA
The Governing Council of the University of Abuja, Nigeria, hereby announces that the position of Registrar of the University will soon be vacant. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities Miscellaneous Provisions (now Act) 1993, as amended, Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, with experience in University administration, for the post.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University. The Registrar, by virtue of his office is Secretary to the Council, the Senate, Congregation and Convocation. The duties of the Registrar also include:
- Keeping in safe custody all records of the University;
- Arranging for the conduct of examinations;
- Serving as Secretary to and be responsible for executive action arising from decisions of the Governing Council, the Senate and such other bodies as the Statutes may prescribe or as Vice-Chancellor may direct, or Administrative Committees as may be prescribed by law or the relevant University authorities;
- Serving as members on various Academic and Administrative Committees as may be prescribed by law or the relevant University authorities;
- Assisting the Vice-Chancellor in the general administration of the University.
Candidate must have good honours degree in the Liberal Arts, Humanities or related discipline with at least twenty (20) years administratives experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system. He must also be proficient in Information and Communication Technology and current in deploying it at the level required for efficient job performance. In addition, candidates must have served in an administrative capacity, not below the rank of Deputy Registrar, for a minimum of eight (8) years. Possession of relevant Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma and registration with relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage. Suitably qualified candidates are expected to be knowledgeable about the operations of the University system and competent to advise and take executive action on matters of planning, design and management in realization of the cardinal objectives of the University.
The appointment shall be for one term of five (5) years only, while salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Federal Universities, as may be determined by the Federal Government and University Council from time to time. The candidate shall not be more than fifty-nine (59) years at the time of application.
The candidate must forward thirty (30) copies each of their credentials, signed and dated curriculum vitae with the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Nationality/State of Origin
- Permanent home address
- Postal Address
- E-mail address
- Marital status
- Number of children
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic qualifications (with dates)
- Membership of Professional Bodies (with dates)
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- Positions held (with dates)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Statement of Vision for the University of Abuja Registry in not more than 1,000 words.
- Each applicant must submit name and address of three (3) referees and request them to forward their reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor under confidential cover, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Applicants who have served as Registrar in any Federal University or are currently serving as Registrar, need not apply.
Interested candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies each of their application letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant credentials) under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA” and addressed to:
University of Abuja,
Applications must be submitted not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Professor Abdul-Rasheed Na’Allah
If actually this information is useful kindly make sure you pass the information using the via shares button below.