The UA Out-of-State Freshman Scholarships is now open to all interested applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship.
The University of Alabama offers some of the most generous scholarship opportunities in the country for qualifying students. Complete the steps below to maximize your scholarship and aid opportunities.
There are two ways students can be eligible for scholarships under UA’s current test-optional admission policy.
- Competitive Scholarships – The competitive scholarship application is part of your application for admission. Students are eligible for competitive scholarship consideration if their application for admission and all supporting documents are received by the Competitive Scholarship Deadline.
- Automatic Merit Scholarships – To qualify for automatic merit scholarships, students must provide a test score and official transcript. Applicants may indicate that they do not want their test scores included in the review of their application for admission and still submit test scores for automatic merit scholarship consideration.
The University of Alabama Scholarship Program Deadline
- Spring 2024: Students should submit an application and all supporting documents by November 1
- Summer/Fall 2024: Students should submit an application and all supporting documents by January 15
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Alabama Scholarship
For Fall 2024 Semester applicants, The University of Alabama will not require ACT or SAT scores. Admission consideration for incoming freshmen in Fall 2024 will be based on a holistic evaluation that assesses both academic and non-academic criteria.
- High school GPA
- Performance in core subjects
- Academic accolades
- Optional standardized test scores (if provided)
- Leadership experience
- Volunteer work
- Extracurricular activities
- Employment history
- Non-academic achievements
UA Merit Out-of-State Freshman Automatic Scholarships For 2024/2025
|Scholarship||Test Score*||GPA||Yearly Value|
|Presidential||32-36 ACT or 1420-1600 SAT||3.50+||$28,000|
|UA Scholar||30-31 ACT or 1360-1410 SAT||3.50+||$24,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT||3.50+||$15,000|
|Collegiate||28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT||3.50+||$10,000|
|Capstone||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.50+||$8,000|
|Crimson Legends||25-26 ACT or 1200-1250 SAT||3.50+||$6,000|
UA PRESIDENTIAL ELITE SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENT
A student with a 4.0+ GPA and 36 ACT OR 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive:
- Value of tuition for up to four years or eight semesters for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
- First year of on-campus housing at regular room rate (based on assignment by Housing and Residential Communities)
- $1,000 per year supplemental scholarship for four years
- $2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
- $500 per year Supe Store book scholarship for four years
UA Scholarship Application Requirements
The University of Alabama is not requiring standardized ACT or SAT scores for students applying for the Fall 2024 Semester. The presence or absence of a score will not impact your admission chances. If you’re uncertain about whether to submit a standardized test score, please reach out to your high school counselor or UA recruiter. You can have access to the full UA application requirement.
For students choosing not to submit a score:
If you indicate that you don’t want your test scores considered during your application review, you can still provide them separately for automatic merit scholarship evaluation.
For students opting to submit a score:
If you indicate that you want your test scores included in the application review, please note that your application will remain incomplete until official test scores are received from ACT/SAT.
To send your test scores to UA, visit the ACT or College Board (SAT) website and use our codes: ACT code 0052, and SAT code 1830.
For admission consideration, UA will use the highest section score from any test dates of the same exam.
For automatic merit scholarship consideration, UA will consider composite scores exclusively.