The West African Examinations Council, WAEC, has commenced registration for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE, for private candidates’ 2020 First Series so candidate can access WAEC GCE OPEN PORTAL FOR 2022 ONLINE REGISTRATION.
WASSCE had introduced the First Series in 2018 to give private candidates a second option to take the August/September examination called Second Series. However, a statement by WAEC’s Head of National Office, Olu Adenipekun, disclosed that the WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2022 First Series would feature only 24 subjects and take place in mainly urban areas.
CHECK RELATED ARTICLE ALSO:
- 2020/2021 BEST WAEC EXPO AND RUNS ANSWERS
- WAEC GCE 2020 First Series Registration Form Is Out
- WAEC e-REGISTRATION FORM FOR 2022/2023
WAEC GCE OPEN PORTAL FOR 2022 ONLINE REGISTRATION
Adenipekun directed prospective candidates to check for available subjects and centres before registering.
The statement reads: “WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2020 – First Series would mainly be an urban-based examination. Twenty-four (24) subjects would be available for the examination. Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website – www.waecnigeria.org – to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from the WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration. WAEC GCE open portal for 2022 online registration.
In case you have anything to say or questions to ask about our article or maybe probably anything on this you can kindly ask using our comment box below which we are going to answer the moment it gets to us.