WAEC Physics Questions and Answers 2023: West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is an examination board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, In a year, over three million candidates registered for the exams coordinated by WAEC.
WAEC Physics Questions and Answers will not only help you know the likely questions but you will understand the nature of the examination.
Our research has confirmed that candidate that uses past questions or WAEC Physics Questions and Answers to prepare for the examination is ten times better than those who are not informed.
2023 Waec Physics Exam Papers
2023 Waec Physics Exam Papers Are
- Waec Physics Science Essay Questions
- Waec Physics Science Objectives Questions,
You are writing the 2 papers in only one day. In this post, the previous Year’s WAEC Physics Questions and Answers are released and the 2023 Waec Physics Exam Questions will also be released for those participating in the 2023 Waec examination.
Previous Year WAEC Physics Obj Answers.
2023 Waec Physics Questions and Answers THEORY (paper 2)
The 2023 Waec Physics questions and answers are loading! 2023 Physics Science Essay answers Loading!! 2023 Waec Physics Science objective and Theory Answers Loading!!! Kindly bookmark the website for the answers that will be released. Better still reload the site to check if the answers for the 2023 Waec Physics Science questions and answers have dropped.
Previous Year WAEC Physics Obj Answers
Free electron: These are electrons that are not attached to an atom. They are mobile electrons that are free for bonding. Generate SFI Affiliate sign-ups by referring prospects to the following Gateway. IMPORTANT! All affiliate sign-ups you generate via this link will be dispersed among SFI Affiliates. These sign-ups WILL NOT be recorded as your PSAs or placed into your downline. Learn more.
Holes are spaces left by electrons in an atom in a crystal lattice. They are positively charged. (11ai)
Force is anything that causes motion.Its S.I unit is Newton(N) or Kgm/s^2
(i) Static friction
(ii) Dynamic friction
DRAW THE GRAPH
during last 5s=18/5=3.6m/s^2
Mass = 20g = (20/100)kg = 0.02kg
Extension = 5cm = (5/100)m = 0.05m
K = 200N/
V = ?
1/2mv² = 1/2ke²
V = √ke²/m = √200×0.05×0.05/0.02
V = √25
V = 5m/s
(i) magnetic declination
(ii) magnetic inclination
(iii) horizontal components
(ii) Thermonic equation
(iii) Compton effect
(i) magnetic declination
(ii) magnetic inclination
(iii) horizontal components
Principle of operation of fiber optics state that the density of
transparent glass and the refractive index is greater than the
density of the two mirrors. It makes use of the principle of the
total internal reflection.
(i) It is used to view deep down the throat of a patient
(ii) It is used to conveying information
Latent heat is energy released or absorbed, by a body or a
thermodynamic system, during a constant-temperature process.
(i)surface area in contact with atmosphere
(ii)nature of the liquid
The rate of absorption of heat by clay pot is less than the rate of
absorption of heat by plastics. Also, water gets evaporated in a
clay pot which the evaporation causes cooling; so water in a clay
pot remains cool
An increase in pressure in the cooker increase the ambient
temperature in the cooker hence the food cooks faster
(i) Change in the state of a substance
(ii) Increase in temperature
Heat supplied = m1
lvt = m1
Laten heat of fusion of the body = 4.4810^5J/Kg
lvt=mc D tita
Specific heat capacity of the body =384J/Kg/K
Practice WAEC Physics Questions Objective and Theory For Free 2022/2023
1. The inner diameter of a test tube can be measured accurately using a
A. micrometer screw gauge
B. pair of dividers
C. metre rule
D. pair of vernier calipers
2. Two bodies have masses in the ratio of 3:1. They experience forces that impart to them acceleration in the ratio 2:9 respectively. Find the ratio of forces the masses experienced.
A. 1 : 4
B. 2 : 1
C. 2 : 3
D. 2 : 5
3. Particles of mass 10-2kg are fixed to the tip of a fan blade which rotates with an angular velocity of 100rad-1. If the radius of the blade is 0.2m, the centripetal force is
A. 2 N
B. 20 N
C. 200 N
D. 400 N
4. A lead bullet of mass 0.05kg is fired with a velocity of 200ms-1 into a lead block of mass 0.95kg. Given that the lead block can move freely, the final kinetic energy after impact is
A. 50 J
B. 100 J
C. 150 J
D. 200 J
5. A ball of mass 0.1kg is thrown vertically upwards with a speed of 10ms-1 from the top of a tower 10m high. Neglecting air resistance, its total energy just before hitting the ground is
(take g = 10ms-2)
A. 5 J
B. 10 J
C. 15 J
D. 20 J
6. A car of mass 800kg attains a speed of 25m/s in 20 secs. The power developed in the engine is
A. 1 . 25 x 104 W
B. 2 . 50 x 104 W
C. 1 . 25 x 106W
D. 2 . 50 x 106 W
7. When the brakes in a car are applied, the frictional force on the tyres is
A. is a disadvantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
B. is a disadvantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
C. is an advantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
D. is an advantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
8. If the stress on a wire is 107NM-2 and the wire is stretched from its original length of 10.00 cm to 10.05 cm. The young’s modulus of the wire is
A. 5 . 0 x 104 Nm-2
B. 5 . 0 x 105 Nm-2
C. 2 . 0 x 108 Nm-2
D. 2 . 0 x 109 Nm-2
9. A solid weigh 10 .00 N in air, 6 N when fully immersed in water and 7 . 0 N when fully immersed in a liquid X. Calculate the relative density of the liquid, X.
10. When the temperature of liquid increases, its surface tension
C. Remain Constant
D. Increases then decrease
11. A gas at a volume of V0 in a container at pressure P0 is compressed to one-fifth of its volume. What will be its pressure if the magnitude of its original temperature T is constant?
12. A piece of the substance of specific head capacity 450JKg-1K-1 falls through a vertical distance of 20m from rest. Calculate the rise in temperature of the substance on hitting the ground when all its energies are converted into heat. [g = 10ms-2]
Use this content below to answer only No. 13
I. A liquid boils when its saturated vapour pressure is equal to the external pressure
II. Dissolved substances in pure water lead to an increase in the boiling point.
III. When the external pressure is increased, the boiling point increases.
IV. Dissolved substances in pure water decrease the boiling point.
13. Which combination of the above are peculiarities of the boiling point of a liquid?
A. I, II and III
B. I, II, III and IV
C. I, II and IV
D. II, III and IV
14. The temperature gradient across a copper rod of thickness 0.02m, maintained at two temperature junctions of 20°C and 80°C respectively is
A. 3.0 x 102Km-1
B. 3.0 x 103Km-1
C. 5.0 x 103Km-1
D. 3.0 x 104Km-1
15. Calculate the mass of ice that would melt when 2kg of copper is quickly transferred from boiling water to a block of ice without heat loss;
Specific heat capacity of copper = 400JKg-1K-1
Latent heat of fusion of ice = 3.3 x 105JKg-1
16. The equation of a wave traveling along the positive x-direction is given by;
y = 0.25 x 10-3 sin (500t – 0.025x).
Determine the angular frequency of the wave motion.
A. 0.25 x 10-3rad s-1
B. 0.25 x 10-1rad s-1
C. 5.00 x 102rad s-1
D. 2.50 x 103rad s-1
17. If a sound wave goes from a cold air region to a hot air region, its wavelength will
C. decrease then increase
D. remain constant
18. The lowest note emitted by a stretched string has a frequency of 40Hz. How many overtones are there between 40hz and 180Hz?
19. A man stands 4m in front of a plane mirror. If the mirror is moved 1m towards the man, the distance between him and his new image is
20. The inside portion of part of a hollow metal sphere of diameter 20cm is polished. The portion will therefore form
A. concave mirror of focal length 5cm
B. concave mirror of focal length 10cm
C. convex mirror of focal length 5cm
D. convex mirror of focal length 20cm
21. The velocities of light in air and glass are 3.0 x 108ms-1 and 2.0 x 108ms-1 respectively. If the angle of refraction is 30°, the sine of the angle of incidence is
22. An astronomical telescope is said to be in normal adjustment when the
A. eye is accommodated
B. focal length of the objective lens is longer than that of eyepiece
C. final image is at the near point of the eye
D. final image is at infinity
23. Which of the following electromagnetic waves is least energetic?
A. Infra-red rays
C. Ultra-violet rays
D. Gamma rays
24. Steel is more suitable for permanent magnet than iron because the former
A. is easily demagnetized by sharing vigorously
B. is an alloy of many metals
C. is easily magnetized by alternating current through one cycle
D. retains magnetism more than iron
25. Four cells each of e.m.f 1.5V and internal resistance of 4Ω are connected in parallel. What is the effective e.m.f. and internal resistance of the combination?
A. 6.0V, 16Ω
B. 6.0V, 1Ω
C. 1.5V, 4Ω
D. 1.5V, 1Ω
26. A 3000W electric cooker is to be used on a 200V mains circuit. Which of the fuses below can be used safely with the cooker?
27. A galvanometer has a resistance of 5Ω. By using a shunt wire of resistance 0.05Ω, the galvanometer could be converted to an ammeter capable of reading 2Amp. What is the current through the galvanometer?
28. In fleming’s right-hand rule, the thumb, the forefinger and the middle finger if held mutually at right angles represent respectively, the
A. motion, the field and the induced current
B. induced current, the motion and the field
C. field, the induced current and the motion
D. induced current, the field and the motion
29. At what frequency would a 10H inductor have a reactance of 2000Ω?
30. The core of an efficient transformer should consist of laminated pieces of metal in order to
A. increase the heat produced by increasing the eddy current
B. increase the heat produced by reducing the eddy current
C. reduce the heat produced by increasing the eddy current
D. reduce the heat produced by reducing the eddy current
31. Gamma rays are produced when
A. high-velocity electrons are abruptly stopped in metals
B. energy changes occur within the nucleus of atoms
C. energy changes occur within the electronic structure of atoms
D. electrons are deflected in very strong magnetic fields
32. What is the speed of a particle of mass 10-27kg whose wavelength is 10-8m.
[h = 6.63 x 10-34Js]
33. In a series R-L-C circuit at resonance, the voltages across the resistor and the inductors are 30V and 40V respectively, what is the voltage across the capacitor?
34. In the Rutherford scattering experiment, a beam of alpha particles was fired at a thin gold film with some of the particles being considerably deflected. This shows that
A. a gold nucleus contains protons, neutrons, and electrons uniformly distributed in a tiny volume
B. the gold nucleus is positively charged and is concentrated in a tiny volume
C. the gold nucleus emitted alpha particles
D. the gold nucleus is concentrated in a tiny volume and contains alpha particles
35. 2311Na + Proton → pqX + alpha particle
What are the values of p and q respectively in the equation above?
A. 10 and 20
B. 12 and 24
C. 20 and 10
D. 24 and 12
36. A semiconductor diode is used in rectifying alternating current into direct current mainly because of it.
A. allows current to flow in either direction
B. is non-linear
C. offers a high input resistance
D. allows current to flow only in one direction
37. If ∆x is the uncertainty in the measurement of the position of a particle along the x-axis and ∆Px is the uncertainty in the measurement of the linear momentum along the x-axis, then the uncertainty principle relation is given as
A. ∆x ∆Px ≥ h
B. ∆x ∆Px = 0
C. ∆x ∆Px < h
D. ∆x ∆Px = ∞
38. When a ship sails from saltwater into freshwater, the fraction of its volume above the water surface will
C. remain the same
D. increase then decrease
Use this content below to answer only No. 39
I. Its velocity is constant
II. No work is done on the body
III. It has constant acceleration directed away from the centre
IV. The centripetal force is directed towards the centre
39. Which combination of the above is true of a body moving with constant speed in a circular track?
A. II and IV
B. I and IV
C. II and III
D. I and III
40. The velocity ratio of a machine is 5 and its efficiency is 75%. What effort would be needed to lift a load of 150N with the machine?
41. At a fixed point below a liquid surface, the pressure downwards is P1 and pressure upwards is P2. It can be deduced that
A. P1 > P2
B. P1 ≥ P2
C. P1 < P2
D. P1 = P2
42. If the force and the velocity on a system are each reduced simultaneously by half, the power of the system is
B. reduced to a quarter
C. reduced by half
43. A catapult used to hold a stone of mass 500g is extended by 20cm with an applied force F. If the stone leaves with a velocity of 40m/s, the value of F is
A. 4.0 x 102N
B. 2.0 x 103N
C. 4.0 x 103N
D. 4.0 x 104N
44. A stream is flowing at 0.75ms-1 and a boat heading perpendicular for the stream landed at the opposite bank at an angle of 30°. Calculate the velocity of the boat.
45. A rope is being used to pull a mass of 10kg vertically upward. Determine the tension in the rope if, starting from rest, the mass acquires a velocity of 4ms-1 in 8s [g = 10ms-2]
Use this content below to answer only No. 46
I. The frictional force is independent of the area of the surfaces in conduct
II. The frictional force depends on the nature of the surfaces in contact
III. The frictional force depends on the speed of sliding
IV. The frictional force is directly proportional to the normal reaction.
46. Which combination of the above is true of sliding friction?
A. I, III and IV
B. I, II and IV
C. I, II and III
D. II, III and IV
47. Total internal reflection occurs when light moves from
A. a dense medium to a less dense medium
B. air to water
C. water to glass
D. a less dense to a dense medium
Click Link to see More:
If you have any questions you want to ask us kindly be free to ask by dropping the question in our comment box below and we promise to reply to you immediately we see it.
If actually this article on WAEC Physics Past Questions 2022 is really helpful to you, can you please share it with your friends and relative using the social button below.
Please what is the assurance that the question is right ,so if we study it will it come out
Is a past question
Not an assurance question
It’s true talk from your side.
I’m really in support of your statement.
Is it possible that all this question will come out of wace 2020
Yes is possible it will come out…
This looking some how real
Kindly study it because we believe it will help you.
How can I be sure all this will be ask
Please why is there no theory questions?
check your gmail
I want to know topics to read on physics weac cause as am looking at my note and textbook now I don’t know were to start
We advise you to kindly study the Physics question you saw here because is what you are to expect on your exam day, that is released.
And also about some ideals about practicals help a friend plz
kindly join our Forum… In the Nkedugists Forum there we teach the Waec/Neco practical
Help me withkey points for me to read them
pls help in physics practical
Pls help with physics practical
Noted but what of the practical?
How 2021 go be??
I’m not seeing theory questions sir
sir please send me 2020 physics waec past quietions and answers.
I’m not seeing the theory questions
Please is it possible that all these questions will come out in 2022 exam
Sure… Make sure you study and follow us.
How 100% sure are you sir that this questions are going to come out for2022 waec physics
thank you very much sir
thank you sir
but we need essay and practical questions
I need the Theory so I can practice.
Why is the objectives not complete?
please i need
possible waec question for 2022
nd please sir is the timetable out
Use It and wait for the 2022 Specimen which will be released soon
Pls help me with physical WAEC question under the topic linear expansitivty
Pls l need 2023 WACE questions
Noted… Kindly subscribe to our forum for free or subscribe to our YouTube channel for it will really be of help.
Join our forum