Wesley College offers Academic Excellence Scholarships to students who exhibit outstanding academic performance across multiple fields of study. The selection process involves an Edutest examination and a subsequent interview to assess the candidate’s overall academic ability.
The scholarship grant can range from a 25% to 75% reduction in tuition fees throughout the student’s entire course of study at Wesley College.
Eligibility For Wesley Scholarships
The eligibility requirements for the Academic Excellence Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be either Australian citizens or permanent or temporary residents.
- Applicants must be new or existing Wesley students enrolling in Years 5, 7, or 10 for the St Kilda Road or Glen Waverley Campus or Years 5 or 7 for the Elsternwick Campus in 2025.
- Applicants are required to attend and complete an academic test that will take place in early February 2024 for students in Years 4, 6, or 9.
- Only one Academic Excellence Scholarship application may be submitted, and applicants may nominate their preferred campus.
Academic Excellence scholarships are granted based on the results of the academic test and supporting documents provided during the application process.
Applicants are required to attend an interview with the Head of Campus or a designated representative. Interviews may be conducted in person or via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
The selection criteria for the scholarship are solely based on academic merit, and no other forms of supporting documents or testing results will be taken into account.
The interview provides an opportunity for the applicant to showcase their academic achievements and potential, as well as to demonstrate their suitability for the scholarship.
Application Process For Wesley Scholarships
STEP 1. CREATE AN EDUTEST ACCOUNT
- When the scholarship application process opens, please return to this page and click on the ‘Wesley’s EduTest Scholarship Application Form’ link. This will direct you to the Edutest website, where you can create an account and complete the application process.
STEP 2. COMPLETE THE EDUTEST SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
- After creating an Edutest account, you can complete the scholarship application form and submit a one-time registration fee of $90.00 for each candidate you apply on behalf of.
We recommend that you apply for all relevant scholarship categories to maximize your chances of being considered for all available scholarships. These categories include:
- Academic Excellence scholarships
- Rennie Coutts STEM Scholarships for girls
- General Excellence Scholarships including all categories of excellence
A link to upload supporting documentation will be provided in the Edutest Confirmation Email upon successful submission of the scholarship application form.
WESLEY SCHOLARSHIPS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
All scholarships awarded by Wesley College are based on merit and recognize students’ current achievements, talents, academic performance, and potential to contribute to the college community.
You have the option to apply for financial assistance as part of your scholarship application. The financial assistance component of the scholarship program is designed to provide additional support to families with demonstrated financial need and relevant personal circumstances who are seeking the opportunity of a Wesley education.
The link to the optional Financial Assistance form will be included in a confirmation email sent to you upon completing and submitting the EduTest Scholarship application form.
To be considered for a scholarship in 2025, you must complete and submit the Scholarship application form, including supporting documentation and, if applicable, the financial assistance form, by the closing date. The closing date will be announced when the scholarships for 2025 open.
WESLEY SCHOLARSHIP REGISTRATION FOR THE ACADEMIC TEST
Upon completion of the EduTest Scholarship Application Form, you will receive an email containing a link to register to sit the Academic Test in early February 2024. Complete the Academic Test registration form.
The academic test covers a range of disciplines including numerical reasoning, reading comprehension and mathematics. Please visit the EduTest website or call 03 9014 1411 to find out about:
WESLEY SCHOLARSHIP “SIT THE ACADEMIC TEST”
Students will take the test in early February 2024 at the designated testing centers, which include the St Kilda Road Campus and Elsternwick Campus.
WESLEY SCHOLARSHIPS INTERVIEW
Upon being shortlisted, applicants will receive an invitation to participate in an interview with the Head of Campus or a designated representative. The interview may be held in person or via video conference, depending on the location of the applicant.
WESLEY SCHOLARSHIPS OFFER AND OUTCOME
Shortlisted applicants will receive notification regarding the outcome of their application within three weeks of the academic testing date. Please note that the academic test results cannot be shared with families.
Applicants who are offered a scholarship will receive an email containing a letter of offer. To accept the scholarship offer, the applicant must sign and return the letter of offer to the college.
A one-time confirmation fee of $1,200 and a Tuition Contribution fee of $2,800 must be paid. Please note that these fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Academic Excellence Scholarships for 2025 entry will open late in 2023.