Westbourne grammar scholarship program provides outstanding students with the opportunity to fulfill their potential at Westbourne. The scholarship testing is conducted in March each year, and the application process commences in November of the previous year.
They evaluate academic excellence, as well as involvement in sports, co-curricular activities, community service, and contribution to school service while considering scholarship applications. All applicants are required to sit for the scholarship test on the designated day.
Scholarships are designed to assist students who will have a significant and favorable impact on their education and life at Westbourne.
General Excellence Scholarship to Year 7 and Senior College
Westbourne grammar is proud to offer General Excellence Scholarships to outstanding students entering Year 7 and Senior College at Westbourne. These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional academic ability, as well as a commitment to co-curricular activities, sports, community service, and school involvement.
Applications for General Excellence Scholarships are accepted throughout the year, with scholarship testing taking place in March. The goal of these scholarships is to provide opportunities for students to maximize their potential and make a positive impact on the school community at Westbourne.
What types of scholarships are available at Westbourne Grammar School?
Westbourne Grammar School offers a variety of scholarships for students across different year levels and areas of achievement. The types of scholarships available may vary from year to year, but some of the scholarships that the school has offered in the past include:
- Academic Scholarships – awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional academic ability in a range of subjects.
- General Excellence Scholarships – awarded to students who demonstrate excellence in academics, sports, music, art, or other co-curricular areas.
- Music Scholarships – awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding musical talent and potential
- Sports Scholarships – awarded to students who excel in a particular sport and demonstrate the potential to represent the school at a high level.
What are the benefits of receiving a scholarship at Westbourne Grammar School?
Receiving a scholarship at Westbourne Grammar School can provide many benefits for students, including:
- Prestige: Being awarded a scholarship from a prestigious school like Westbourne Grammar School can add to a student’s academic and professional credentials, helping them stand out when applying for further education or employment.
- Support: Scholarship recipients may receive additional support and guidance from the school, such as mentorship, academic advising, or career counseling.
- Financial support: Scholarships can provide financial assistance for students and their families, helping to cover the cost of tuition fees, textbooks, and other expenses associated with attending the school.
- Recognition: Receiving a scholarship is a recognition of a student’s achievements and potential, which can boost their confidence and self-esteem.
- Opportunities: Scholarships may provide opportunities for students to participate in special programs, activities, or events, such as leadership development workshops, music or sports camps, or international study tours.
What is the application process for scholarships at Westbourne Grammar School?
The application process for scholarships at Westbourne Grammar School varies depending on the type of scholarship being applied for. However, here is a general overview of the application process:
- Research scholarships: Students and their families should research the scholarships available at Westbourne Grammar School and determine which ones they are eligible for and interested in applying for.
- Prepare application materials: Scholarship application requirements may include academic records, references, essays, personal statements, and evidence of achievements in sports, music, or other areas.
- Submit application: Completed applications should be submitted by the deadline, which may be several months before the start of the academic year. Late applications may not be considered.
- Attend scholarship testing: Depending on the scholarship, students may be required to sit for an entrance exam, complete an interview, or audition for music or sports scholarships.
- Wait for results: The selection process for scholarships may take several weeks or months, and applicants will be notified if they have been awarded a scholarship.
When is the deadline for Westbourne Grammar scholarship applications?
The deadline for scholarship applications at Westbourne Grammar School can vary depending on the type of scholarship and the year level. However, it’s important to check the specific deadlines for each scholarship as they can vary.
Generally, scholarship applications open in November of the preceding year and close in February or March of the year when the scholarship testing is held. The Westbourne Grammar scholarship testing is undertaken by Edutest and the Edutest test fee is non-refundable.
What are the eligibility criteria for Westbourne Grammar scholarship applicants?
The eligibility criteria for Westbourne Grammar scholarship applicants can vary depending on the type of scholarship being offered. Scholarships are awarded to students for entry into Year 7. Scholarship recipients will demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic potential and proven academic performance
- An affinity with the school’s values of Community, Courage, Creativity, and Scholarship
- Alignment with the school’s vision of Creating Learners to Inspire the World
- Engagement with the full life of the school and the diverse programs available
- Positive contributions to the school and the wider school community
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis that the student will remain at Westbourne, completing Year 12.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Principal and scholarship holders are subject to all terms and conditions of enrolment. The scholarship offer is not negotiable.
Should a student leave to attend another school prior to completing Year 12, the fees foregone by discount are required to be repaid to the school.
Scholarship recipients must continue to thrive academically, act with integrity, and engage fully in the life of the school.
Scholarships are not available for international full-fee-paying overseas students.
What kind of selection process is used to determine scholarship recipients?
The selection process is based on a combination of academic performance, co-curricular involvement, personal qualities, and any additional criteria specific to the scholarship.
Here are some common steps in the selection process for Westbourne Grammar scholarships:
- Application review: Scholarship applications are reviewed by the relevant staff or committee, who may consider factors such as academic performance, co-curricular involvement, and personal qualities.
- Testing or assessment: Depending on the scholarship, applicants may be required to sit for an exam or participate in an assessment process, such as an audition or interview.
- Reference checks: The scholarship selection committee may contact referees, such as teachers or coaches, to gather additional information about the applicant.
- Final review: After considering all of the available information, the scholarship selection committee will make a final decision on the recipients of the scholarship.
What are the expectations for scholarship recipients in terms of academic performance, extracurricular involvement, and other areas?
Here are some common expectations for scholarship recipients:
- Academic performance: Scholarship recipients are expected to maintain a high standard of academic performance throughout their time at the school. This may include maintaining a certain grade point average, achieving specific academic goals, or demonstrating progress in their academic pursuits.
- Co-curricular involvement: Scholarship recipients are expected to actively participate in co-curricular activities, such as sports, music, drama, community service, or other areas of interest. This may involve demonstrating leadership skills, achieving excellence in their chosen activity, or contributing positively to the school community.
- Conduct and behavior: Scholarship recipients are expected to uphold the values and standards of the school community, including demonstrating respect for others, acting with integrity, and contributing positively to the school community.
- Communication and feedback: Scholarship recipients may be expected to provide feedback on their experience as a scholarship recipient, and may be invited to participate in surveys or provide testimonials to the school.
What happens if a scholarship applicant’s financial situation changes?
If a scholarship applicant’s financial situation changes, they should notify the Westbourne Grammar School as soon as possible. The school understands that financial circumstances can change unexpectedly, and is committed to working with scholarship recipients to ensure that they are able to continue their education at the school.
In most cases, the school will conduct a review of the student’s financial situation and may adjust the scholarship accordingly. This may involve increasing the scholarship amount, extending the duration of the scholarship, or adjusting the eligibility criteria to take into account the student’s changed circumstances.
It’s important for scholarship recipients to keep the school informed of any changes to their financial situation, and to provide any necessary documentation or information to support their case. The school is committed to ensuring that all students, including scholarship recipients, are able to access the education and opportunities they need to reach their full potential
How long does a scholarship last?
The duration of a scholarship at Westbourne Grammar School can vary depending on the specific scholarship and the year level. In general, scholarships can range in duration from one year to the entirety of a student’s education at the school.
For example, some scholarships may be awarded on an annual basis and require students to reapply each year. Other scholarships may be awarded for a specific period, such as a single semester or a specific year level, and may be renewed subject to the recipient’s continued eligibility.
Leave a Comment